Am i ugly/ average?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is the first i've had the guts to post a picture somewhere asking that question.

Lately i've been feeling worse about myself. I'm noticing things that i haven't before.

I have a long face, which i absolutely hate. A big nose, but i always knew that. My lips are too far down my face, i've recently realised. I think i have kinda big eyes but they're not exactly noticeable on my long ass face. I've ALWAYS thought that i've looked manly, and my features arent really feminine ones. Big jaw/ chin, big nose, long face, etc. I feel uncomfortable/ worse going out with my friends, because they're all so gorgeous and they're always complimenting each other/ getting male attention. I really just want to hide away in a hole. :/

I just want to know, what would you think if you saw me? And what kind of tips could you give me to make me look better? I'm not wearing make up here, and i usually have a side fringe. But i'm in my pyjamas haha.

You're beautiful hun. and your not wearing any makeup? darn i'd love for clear even skin like that without any makeup on! Also you have pretty eyes. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Don't let anyone make you feel ugly hun, and to be honest it doesn't really make what other people think, if they have a problem then its their problem! Chin up :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hi Roshni, would it help if I said I thought you were naturally very beautiful? What if I said you WERE ugly? What if I said you were just ok? the IMPORTANT question is : What does it matter what I or anyone else thinks? You need to feel beautiful in yourself. By feeling negative about one aspect of yourself, it will permeate every other aspect of your life. Have you heard of the Secret? It is a famous book which essentially discusses the Law of Attraction - basically if you think negative thoughts you will attract negativity. If you think positive thoughts you will attract only positivity. You need to focus on yourself and BELIEVE you are beautiful and more and more positivity will come into your life. Regardless of what other people say, or how they act, it is the way you feel about yourself that is the most important thing.

For the record, I actually do think you are very pretty!

xoxo

My blog www.frivolousbyangel5ace.blogspot.com

You´re neither ugly nor average, you´re gorgeous! I see beautiful skin, big eyes, flawless eyebrows and full lips. You may see your facial features in a different light, because you see yourself everyday, which makes you believe you have "flaws" (whatever they may be) that are obvious to everyone.

And your friends are probably getting more attention from men because they´re more confident than you are. I believe you´re still quite young, so you´re definitely not alone to feel this way. I am 26, and even though I´m not really the most confident person (even though I seem very confident) I used to be a lot worse when I was younger. I´d be jealous of all the beautiful, confident women out there, I felt inferior to them. I´d see beauty in everyone else, but thought I on the other hand am invisible.

Honestly, the only thing you need to make you look better is confidence. I know it doesn´t come overnight, but I believe a lot of it comes naturally as you get older. Putting on a bold lipstick and false eyelashes helps too, at least it helps me lol

okay, honestly.. before i clicked the image, i was expecting someone.. ugly.

but omg you are sooooo far from that! far from average as well.

your eyes are huge and gorgeous, your skin is perfect, your eyebrows are amazing, your lips are pretty (and not too far down from what you said)

"Big jaw/ chin, big nose, long face, etc." < all these aren't "ugly" features.

sometimes we all need one flaw or two or we'd be too perfect.

and what is with your friends? are they not complimenting you?? they're probably jealous.

i hope you gain your confidence, soon. you'll get there. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thank you so much guys. You never know what to expect when doing something like this, so i'm not sure if you guys are being overly nice or sympathetic, but i'm going to take it lol. I tried clicking on the picture and seeing it from your point of view. It's weird because i feel i have a different kind of face from most people! I don't have those "typical beautiful features" like a small nose, a small jaw. I guess i'll just have to accept that i'm not conventional looking! My friends are always going on about how one or the other is "so so pretty" or "perfect" and i have only been complimented by my ex boyfriend, and we broke up half a year ago. They've told me that they "like my looong face", i'm just like ahhhh why did you have to point out the thing i hate most about myself! :/ Ahah, but hopefully this is the next step in me buildig my confidence.. thank you! <3

Of course you are beautiful!

But if I can add:

If you focus too much on yourself, you will scrutizine yourself too much.

Focus on others by helping or volunteering.

People will love you for you - isn't that what you really want?

I know that when I stare at myself in the mirror, I swear my features start to morph and I walk away feeling depressed.

You aren't ugly at all!  Everyone looks different and that is REAL beauty.  Individuality is so precious.  Feel beautiful because you are.  

Kevyn Aucoin said: "Yes, but everyone is beautiful to someone."  and  "Perfection is boring. If a face doesn't have mistakes, it's nothing."

You are not ugly at all! But I know what you mean...I DO THE SAME THING ABOUT MYSELF!

All my friends are gorgeous, and I look at pictures, and just hate everything about my face! Especially my nose! I scrutinize everything.

I discover something to hate about myself all the  time!

I do not think that you have a long face, or big nose at all! Seriously, you have great skin, huge eyes, and nice lips!

Are you shy? That might be why you aren't getting any attention when you are out.

I do try to focus on others, eg. i do volunteering but still that doesn't stop me from worrying about my appearance lol. Argh, i wish i could just reconstruct my face and than have it the way i want for the rest of my life. "Perfection is boring. If a face doesn't have mistakes, it's nothing" - i love that quote. Thank you guys.

Modirty80, i'm sorry to hear that. It sucks, doesn't it :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. I can't believe you're saying i don't have a long face or a big nose lol. Those are the things i absolutely hate most about myself! I'm pretty shy, but like in terms of appearance, my friends are always getting boys fancying them. Even if they're not interested. Always commenting on their pictures telling them how beautiful they are :/ well, they are.

Everyone is their own worst critic.  Usually they are wrong, too.  You are very beautiful and far from average.  I know girls that would trade their left arm for those eyes.

Everyone has their insecurities regardless of how popular they may appear to be.  You just need to over come your insecurities.  Confidence is very attractive.  Have more confidence in yourself and guys will like up for you.  I have been on both sides of the fence... shy in high school and popular after. Confiidence is your only missing ingredient.  Guys look at the entire package, they aren't going to take each part of your face to analyze it.

ya! you do have a big nose, long face, big eye.  put them all together and mashallah they make the perfect face :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

if you take it like that, part by part, it will seem that way. love yourself as whole. trust me, i've learned that way.

i have small eyes, small upper lip. and my nose gets really flat and ugly and shows when i gain weight. but i learned to love it just as it is.

love yourself so others around can love you.

Oh, defintely not ugly at all!  In fact, I am saying that you are one pretty girl.  I always think the same of me too. I'm a hard critic of myself.

Sad to hear you critisize yourself like that. It is hard because I think everyone is insecure especially with their looks.

I believe you were the one who made the thread called "What do you like about yourself?"

So...I'm not going to praise nor put down anything about that picture because it's up to you to see the complients and not have other people say them for you.

I think you're beautiful. You have a lot to be happy about. Those other women aren't perfect, no one is.

Latest posts

Back