How many of you eat with your family?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have created a survey to originally ask some students at my community college, but I'd like to open this up to the MUT forum as well. We can also discusss about this topic and the importance or uninportance of eating with family. This is one of the questions I am asking I don't want to push it and add more questions for you guys.

I am a student in college that still lives with my parents but I can honestly say I don't eat with my family unless it's on occasion. We all are busy with our own lives. This Thanksgiving for my family wasn't quite the best because my dad didn't celebrate it with us. Why? He was at home and didn't want to go. I believe food brings people together and well, I was disappointed that my dad never goes out to eat with us.

Every weeknight we eat dinner and all meals on weekends. It's very important to me because it's how we did it growing up. I like that we could talk and joke together and food helps.

I eat with my children every night.  My husband doesn't always join us because he mostly has late lunches so when dinner is prepared and the 3 of us are starving, we eat and my husband will eat later.  One the weekends, he makes breakfast and we all eat together. 

I still live with my parents as well. We have organized ourselves so that i shower first when they have breakfast, then it's their turn.

My mother and i both eat at work, and my father gets home for lunch.

But every dinner and wekends, holidays/vacations are eaten all together. We wouldn't have it another way, it's much more enjoyable to share dinner than eat alone.

My boyfriend works the night shift so we have breakfast together.  When I lived with my parents we only ate together during the holidays.

I never grew up with a table really. We just ate where we wanted to, our rooms, together in the living room, on the floor (not recommended). It was never really "together" like at a table, but thats fine with me. I like my son to eat at the table with me though, so that's why I have one. It just feels nicer, you know?

I put 3-5 times a week because my husband is not always home on time to eat with us.

Breakfast and lunch during the week it's just me and my daughter considering her dad is at work. Dinner, every night. On weekends, every meal. I love it!

Latest posts

Back