Most Expensive Nail Polish - Ever!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Directly from Models Own's Blog (link):

Let us introduce you to Gold Rush – the most extraordinary polish!

When painted on it looks like gold leaf – it glistens, glimmers and actually sparkles like tiny diamonds (yet is absolutely smooth to the touch).

This exclusive bottle, currently available to view and order from Frost of London, has an exquisite lid which has been carefully hand-crafted from yellow gold and has a total of 1,118 diamonds inlaid. It costs a whopping £83,000 (around $130,000 USD)

– an ideal gift for the woman who has everything! If your budget doesn’t quite stretch that far –  fear not! We are also releasing a ready to wear version (£5) online and in Boots.

Gold Rush couture is available to view and order from today at Frost of London. Gold Rush ready to wear will be available at (link) from mid December and at Boots from 23rd February 2011.

...so the polish itself is a whopping £5, and the bottle is £82,995? blahhh

Lol, exactly what i thought !

I might consider it if there was actual gold inside
laughing.gif

I saw a color like that at the drugstore..

I think the font they used on the bottle is ugly. And no real gold in the paint..hmm, they put gold in liquor!! and diamonds in body spray!!   I like the diamonds, who wouldn't,...but on a nail polish bottle, it's a waste unless you have a money tree. 

I'd rather buy myself a $130,000 ring than a nail polish bottle. 
12.gif

...or a house.  lol

There's plenty of other gold nail polish colors. 

If I had 130,000 bucks there are SOOOO many other things I'd do with it than buy nail polish >.< Like for instance my boyfriend and I could move out of his parents house.. I could get a car.. that's not on lease.. I could fix my computer (I'm using my boyfriends laptop).. I could put myself through nursing school..

The color is fine, but for the price I was really hoping it was made out of actual gold.

i just bought the £5 bottle from models own site, can't wait for it to arrive. The appeal probably came from the £83k version though...

Back