Where are you most concerned about getting wrinkles?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It would be great to hear from people whether they think it's better to invest in an eye cream, face cream or both.

Invest in 1) a good moisturizer with sunscreen - Apply this everywhere on your face, including around eyes. Where this during the daytime, hence the need for sunscreen.

Invest in Retin A, which you would apply in the evening. You can apply it quite close to the eyes.

The combination of these two products will:

1) protect your skin during the day

2) help to remove any wrinkles or lines already starting

I've had a habit ever since I was little (huge eye problems my entire life) where I'd squint really hard or cringe my face to try to focus on things or just even see things.  My mom used to always point it out to a point where I almost couldn't believe I was even doing anything.  (It wasn't until I got a DS last year and pretty much had a reflective screen pointing back at me at long periods of time where I'd actually see my face cringing practically all the time where I realized how bad it was)

I've noticed lines on the bridge of my nose between my eyes lately that don't fade.  They're there fairly strong when I wake up in the morning although they're mostly faded by the time I wash my face at night.  They're starting to bother me, but I think it's such a unique problem that I haven't been able to find anything to do about it.

I have really youthful skin.  I'm close to 30, but people still mistake me for 20.  No real lines or wrinkles anywhere besides where I cringe my nose (think a little kid wrinkling their nose like a bunny.  The lines on the nose right between the eyes is what I'm talking about)

I can see areas on my face where it's less elastic than it used to be so I'll probably start seeing some deeper natural grooves here in the next 5-10 years (the lines that people normally start seeing around age 25) but it's a few years away so I'm not ultra worried about that yet besides normal moisturizing.  I did purchase an eye gel recently though to try out.  I have a feeling it's more for crows feet and under eye circles (which I don't have), but I'm trying it on the bridge of my nose anyway since it's probably the closest thing I can find for that area.

Originally Posted by Sexy Sadie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

An eye cream are a must if you uses contact linses.

Really?  Why is that? 

I really am not concerned about wrinkles.  I'm 42.  I look late 20's to early 30 so.  I believe it is genetic as to how you age.  My mom is 70 and she looks like she is 50.  I make my skin creams to moisturize and maybe refine some of the uneven texture and pigmentation.  When I start getting wrinkles, I figure I'll be reaching 50 so it would be expected at that time.  I want to grow old gracefully, not shamelessly trying to deny it. 

I am starting my anti-wrinkle campaign.. I heard about anti-wrinkle facial sprays.. Has anyone tried one??

Originally Posted by Dragonfly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Invest in 1) a good moisturizer with sunscreen - Apply this everywhere on your face, including around eyes. Where this during the daytime, hence the need for sunscreen.

Invest in Retin A, which you would apply in the evening. You can apply it quite close to the eyes.

The combination of these two products will:

1) protect your skin during the day

2) help to remove any wrinkles or lines already starting
you know I´ll agree with you cause I´m a huge Retin-A fan as well, along with suncreen and chemical peels.

To answer the question, I know where I´ll get wrinkles first in the future. I am an eyebrow raiser, I subconsciously do it when I talk, but I can only raise the left one....which is why more than likely I´ll get my first wrinkle there. I can already see a fine line forming, so I´ll probably get botox in a few years, once it gets too deep. The eye area is usually the first place to get wrinkles, but I use  Retin-A under my eyes and at the outher corners (as well as sunscreen of course), and I don´t see any signs of wrinkles yet.

I´m only 26, but I believe with my skincare regimen I can delay the ageing process for a bit. Also, I think I have youthful facial features, as does my mom who looks a minimum of 10 years younger even though she has the wrinkles a typical 50 year old would have (she never took care of her skin, never used SPF etc). So overall I´m not scared of ageing, and I do want to age gracefully, although I will definitely use Botox, fillers etc in the (not near) future, in addition to my skincare regimen.

I've never tried Retin-A, but I just started using an anti-wrinkle cream called StriVectin. I'm also an eye-brow raiser so I feel like I'm getting more wrinkles on my forehead that I'd like to get rid of or just make less noticeable while they aren't too bad yet. I do some work with StriVectin so when they asked if I wanted to try out the new SD formula for wrinkles, of course I said yes! So far so good - I've been using it for about 5 weeks now and my skin looks healthy and feels softer...and I've even noticed that some of the fine lines I was starting to see are less prominent. Has anyone used StriVectin for longer than 5 weeks? Did you have good longer term results?

If anyone has recommendations for eye creams to target dark circles and wrinkles, please let me know. I have really dark circles so I tend to cake on my under eye concealers a bit, but sometimes this causes the area to get cakey, I also feel this dries out my eye area so if there are any extra hydrating eye creams, I'd love to try it.

Dragonfly and Andi, you guys mentioned Retin-A, which eye creams do you use? =)

Originally Posted by purple.haze /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If anyone has recommendations for eye creams to target dark circles and wrinkles, please let me know. I have really dark circles so I tend to cake on my under eye concealers a bit, but sometimes this causes the area to get cakey, I also feel this dries out my eye area so if there are any extra hydrating eye creams, I'd love to try it.

Dragonfly and Andi, you guys mentioned Retin-A, which eye creams do you use? =)
I´ll use any thick eye cream at night, since I sometimes mix Retin-A in it for around my eyes. I like Clinique´s all about eyes in the rich formula, but I´m sure there are better eye creams out there. Or you can use a thicker night cream under your eyes.

I´m afraid there´s not much that will improve undereye circles. A lot of eye creams will claim they help, but I believe the few ingredients that will have some sort of effect on them include Vit K and retinoids. I use Retin-A under my eyes, and it has not affected my undereye circles at all, but hopefully it will help prevent some wrinkles in the future.

So to prevent wrinkles, I´d say an eye cream/serum with retinol and antioxidants (that comes in a pump, not a jar, since both ingredients degrade fast when in contact with oxygen) is a good option. And for daytime, I´d use either an eye cream with SPF, or just use your regular suncreen under your eyes and at the outside corners (that´s what I do)

As winter is coming I would prefer to buy the moisturizing cream for my skin.

i use 7 products for skin care regime. lol. so yeah def. both. eye cream and moisturizer.

i'm scared to get old and wrinkley. and once a week i go for a skin therapy session. where they do all sorts of things to my face hahaha.

my face has improved. and i'm only 24. but i noticed my dimples are getting bigger. which means they will turn into wrinkles when i am older. ugh.

also out of nowhere, i noticed i'm getting crows feet. perhaps i smile too much. my eyes do tend to squint when i smile. -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

right now i'm using mostly lancome hydra zen line for moisturizers and toners, lotions. but for my eye cream i'm using sk-II. i love it. but i'm looking for another eye cream.

i think shopping for eye cream is so difficult. so many products claiming they work but they don't. but i believe in sk-II lol.

i heard bobbi brown eye cream was great. anyone tried it?

hi all!

I like your conversations. it was helpful but i am worried about getting wrinkles on my hands and i need to want them safe. Can you give me some good natural tips to safe my hands from getting wrinkles?

I don't use eye creams - complete waste of money in my opinion.

I just apply the retina A all over my face, around inner eye and just below the eye, up to the lashes. I don't apply it on the lid area though.

If my eye area starts to feel dry, I don't apply there for a few days.

Originally Posted by Dragonfly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't use eye creams - complete waste of money in my opinion.
Actually I remember watching some tv show that was comparing eye creams.  They took about 100 people and had them testing out various creams.  What they found out was basic moisturizing actually does most of the job.  I think one of the "creams" they tested was just regular (facial) moisturizer, but since they were told it's an eye cream, they concentrated their applications to the eye area.  Some of the eye creams faired better or worse, but even basic moisturizing scored fairly high (not the highest, but most people still felt felt it was a significant improvement)....so...moisturizing and concentrating on the eye area is still important, but buying something that is specifically listed as an eye cream, not so much.

I voted for both, I do not want wrinkles but I think you should have had another option in your poll.  Your hands! I see many celebrities in magazines who have had cosmetic surgery on their face but their hands give away their true age.

The ponds gold radiance products are good for anti aging their result is also positive.

Back