Ever spend when you know you shouldn't?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Soooooooo, I was JUST on a website (oogling at makeup of course) and saw two blushes that I am in love with.  I almost bought them although I JUST bought the UD Book of Shadows III and said to myself that that would be enough for a lil while.  Sigh, I reached to the very last page to proceed with the order and quaked out after much thought. LOL....I was seriously going to buy that blush...I hate that feeling...arrrrrrgh!!!!!

Yes lol.

I have a feeling that may happen this weekend and next week. Shoppers Drug Mart near where I live is having a Christmas Gala this weekend. So there will be all types of goodies. Then today I received the Sephora $20.00 gift card to use on purchases over $40.00.

I'm getting better at sorting out what I really need and what I don't need or won't use. 

Right now I need an eye cream, eye makeup remover and concealer. If I have a list ahead of time I tend to stick to it. 

Yes but ive been really good about it. I have the sephora coupon too but i dont think ill use it.

Story of my life, lol. I don't spend money unless I have it, though. 

Even though I KNOW I'm getting a LOT of makeup for Christmas, I still impulsively spent $50 at Shoppers on Benefit today, just cause it was payday and I had money in my wallet. I could have used that money for better things but, you know...

I had so much more money before I slid headfirst in to makeup addiction. I think crack would be cheaper. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

How sadistic to ask this question so close to Christmas???? ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just received my brushes from the Black Friday sale at Coastalscents - for me! 

lol I think we have all been there!

I have become very good at justifying my NEEDS over WANTS and generally stick to that. Every now and then I'll splurge, but I the older I get, the more sensible I become with my money. I have a goal at the moment (saving for a house deposit) so I am staying focused on that and only stocking up on make up etc when necessary.

Looking at my stash then at my allergies is usually a good way to stop buying before i regret not using whatever item i have bought.

I still have the tendency to stock up on mascara, i bought another voluminous this morning wshich i didn't really need.

Yes. I haven't gone into debt doing it, but I have spent more than I should have because I have compulsive moments. :/

Same for me, but it turned out to be smart in the end.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes. I haven't gone into debt doing it, but I have spent more than I should have because I have compulsive moments. :/

Uggh... happens to me ALL the time, not just with MU. I have soo little money right now, and I have to buy presents for other people... but that didn't stop me from ordering a sweater from American Eagle Outfitters (that store is my crack.... I can't resist.. lucky for my wallet I didn't spring for the $60 sweater that I REALLY wanted... UUUGH it's beautiful!!! If I get any money for Christmas it's MINE). But in my defense... it was on sale, plus 20% off PLUS free shipping...

I definitely spend money when I shouldn't...I seriously need to go on a no buy for 2011 and I'm going to give it a shot...but that's just causing me to spend a little more than usual now since I won't be able to next month...ugh...

All the time!! I'm try not too but sometimes I feel that I just have to have it right now.

Back