MAC 217?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i got my first mac brush the other day.. the 217 as i figured blending was my weakness.. anyhoo i cant get to grips with it, do i use the tip in circurlar motions, or do i use it on its side? could i use it to pack colour onto the lid? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

You could use it in circular motions, on its side, in feathering motions. I know people say you can use it to apply color, but I think it does a poor job of that. I prefer to blend like it is a wee little feather duster. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

checkout makeupgeek.com she uses the 217 a lot. You can watch videos of her using it as well to get the hang of it. Just type MAC 217 into the search bar and off you go!

The 239 brush (or any flat shader) is more appropriate for packing color on the lid.

The 217 is a blending brush. Marlena (MakeupGeek) does use it all the time - so I hope you were able to find her tutorials helpful!

Yea, the 217 is my fave blending brush of all time. It sucks for packing on color and does a better job at applying cream bases or light washes.

I think it's a great brush. Like you all say, utterly useless for applying colour but that's not what it's meant for. I use it all the time for blending.

Back