What do you use to glow?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What does everyone use in terms of luminizers/illuminators/highlighters? I've been using Tarte Smooth Operator mixed in with my foundation (MAC Pro Longwear) and LORAC Perfectly Lit in Spotlight lately. I have my eye on YSL's Touche D'or and Benefit's Girl Meets Pearl.  Do you prefer shimmer, color, or more of a natural finish?

My favorite highlighter is MAC's Redhead MSF. After that any of my BE Radiances especially Flawless, Citrine, Secret, and Champagne Radiances.

I prefer shimmer, i use a MAC msf (in soft and gentle) which brings light to my face.

I don't like too much shimmer more of a glow type look.

I like The Body Shop Tinted Glow Enhancer (liquid) and Lorac Perfectly Lit Powder Luminizer- Spotlight.

Pur Mineral glow is my go to. Sometimes I use the shimmer side of MAC's MSF with shimmer in it or Vanilla and Melon piggies, Ben Nye Lumiere creams in Iced Gold and Golden Apricot. Basically anything with gold sheen is good for me.

I tend to prefer highlighters that make you glow for day to day wear, and shimmer for nights out. I wear MAC Strobe cream mixed in with foundation, and then a light sweep of Bobbi Brown pink shimmerbrick (too much of this definitely falls into the shimmer category!). MAC Soft and Gentle MSF is very pretty and quite shimmery too.

omg. i've spent so much time to buy all shimmers, and glows. but nothing i like!! especially from mac. i find mac's stuff not so natural.

or maybe i suck at applying them haha.

lately i've been using smashbox artificial light color glow and a little bit of benefit's moon beam and mix them together and use it before my foundation. gives me a subtle glow.

or if i don't use the liquid type. i'll just use mufe shine on powder. it's very pretty. or bobbi brown's shimmerbrick bronze.

I've never been interested in highlighters until I purchased an Eyeko Cream with extra glow. Now I use it everywhere and my hightlighting shadows are sort of neglected. This cream only cost $8 from Eyeko website, I got free shipping and 2 items free too. It is a soft barely pink shimmer and stays on for a long time. Right now, I'm trying to save up for the tinted one!!

I LOVE avon's illuminating tinted moisturizer. It comes in buff after glow and tan afterglow and I usually put it on under my foundation or I wear it alone when I don't feel like wearing foundation. Makes my skin look bright and even! :)

oh lord I love highlighters!! I got some from the US, Korea, Japan, and Europe! My favorite by far is a Korean one though, it's by Etude House and is the Face Color Corset blush in shade #01 "Highlight Fit".

I second The Balm Mary lou-manizer for powder highlighter. another one that I like is Benefit WattsUp, I use a brush to apply and my fingers to blend in,  it has a good staying power and looks very natural.

If I'm wearing a shimmery blush I won't use a separate highlighter, but when I wear matte blushes (which is most of the time now) I use the mary lou manizer :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. like others said, it's suuch a fine shimmer you really can't tell it's even a powder or glitter. benefit's high beam is pretty too, but if you spread it too thin it just turns into sparse glitter. I used to use a NARS blush as a highlighter too, but the glitter was definitely noticeable (Sertao, which is discontinued--shimmery but dark enough to be a blush, with just the tiniest hint of peach color).

honestly you could probably use a finely milled shimmery eyeshadow too.

I use 1 of these 3 every day Lorac's Duble Feature, Urban Decay's Urban Glow, or Benefit's High Beam. Sometimes I'll use Lorac's Double Feature on my cheek bones (since it's thicker and more cream colored) with a tiny bit of the High Beam on top since it's thinner and pinky colored.

I love these: MAC Pearl, Dior Poudre Shimmer and The Body Shop Shimmer Waves:) M.

*link removed by mod*

Back