Nail polish on guys -- yes or no -- and why?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all,

What do you think of guys wearing nail polish?  What colors/finishes are acceptable in your opinion?  What about nail length? 

About me, I'm a straight guy in my mid-twenties, and I find from perusing various nail blogs that I really like looking at nail polish and would love to start wearing it regularly.  Currently I keep my nail length even with the tips of my fingers, and i keep them filed in a squarish shape. 

All opinions are welcome, as long as they're respectful!

Thanks.

Well I think it really depends on the guy. If girls can wear nail polish, why can't guys? A lot of make up lines are now catering for guys too, so I think the world is slowly starting to becoming more accepting. Be a trend setter :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It also depends on what color, I think. Matte nude and darker shades without glitter would work best.

I personally love it when guys have beautiful, well-manicured nails. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think there's a time and place, unfortunately.

If you want to try, I say go for black.

When I'm not "enfemme" I wear Orly Nails for Males....  Semi-Matte clear..... 

Back