QOTD Dec 6, 2010: Do you want to be famous?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
QOTD Dec 6, 2010: Do you want to be famous?

Everybody says that celebrities life in a whole different world that nobody really understands unless they're part of that world.  Lately, with all of the reality shows, youtube born mini-celebrities, and talent contests, everyday normal people are finding themselves as overnight international stars.

If you had a random opportunity to be in the spotlight (either nationally or internationally) do you think you would take it? (With all of the glitz, glam, paparazzi, free stuff, recognition, auto VIP everywhere, etc) Or do you think you would pass up the offer and continue on your life with the privacy and relative quietness?

OMG I would SO take it without another thought. All the money, nice house, nice car, nice clothes, etc. why wouldn't anyone want to? 

Octomom is famous, and I heard was getting kicked out of her house from nonpayments.  William Hung (American Idol's season 1 Ricky Martin singer)  is also famous, and I know he got a few record deals, but I don't know if he's really raking in the dough.

Both Michael Jackson and Britney Spears were/are considered...a bit out of touch with reality due to all the pressures of fame.  Fame doesn't necessarily mean rich, although it might be easier to make money since being a "somebody" (instead of another part of everybody) could actually be considered an asset.

Rich yes, famous, no. I enjoy my privacy too much. Living in a small town is kinda like being famous, everyone knows your business...so to take that to an international level.... no thanks! lol

I would not want to be famous.  Not a fan of people getting up in my kool aid. 

Actually, maybe if I could be a Victoria's Secret supermodel.  Then I'd wanna be famous!  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  lol! 

PLUS!  Tyra said she got free undies!  Sweezy! 
waccha.gif

"It takes a lifetime to build a good reputation, but you can lose it in a minute." - Will Rogers 

I definitely would love to be more rich than famous. If I were famous I don't think I want Michael Jackson fame where nothing was private and he couldn't do anything or go anywhere without the backlash.

Originally Posted by Annelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Octomom is famous, and I heard was getting kicked out of her house from nonpayments.  William Hung (American Idol's season 1 Ricky Martin singer)  is also famous, and I know he got a few record deals, but I don't know if he's really raking in the dough.

Both Michael Jackson and Britney Spears were/are considered...a bit out of touch with reality due to all the pressures of fame.  Fame doesn't necessarily mean rich, although it might be easier to make money since being a "somebody" (instead of another part of everybody) could actually be considered an asset.
Just because you are famous doesn't mean that people that highly of you or valued your opinion.  Sometimes you are the focus of ridicule or contempt or criticism.  I would not want to be famous.  I will prefer being rich. 

William did do a commercial or 2 but I don't think they aired for very long.

"Sometimes you are the focus of ridicule or contempt or criticism"

It's pretty much a given, especially today with the amount of jealousy and self importance people give themselves. I can't even watch a video on youtube or look at photos without scrolling down and seeing 100 mean comments, I try to avoid even reading comments anymore because it annoys me that no one has anything nice to say anymore and that everyone thinks their opinion about how they feel about someone they don't even know matters. f*** being famous.

Well first of all I have no clue what kind of talent that I have would make me famous lol. But no, I would never ever want to be famous. Sometimes I think how nice it would be to be a Victoria´s Secret model just because of the looks, but in reality I would never want to give up my privacy.

I think very few people could actually handle being really really famous. That´s why I sympathize with celebrities who are called ungrateful & witchy just cause they don´t give every single fan that appoaches them an autograph. If I was famous I sure as hell wouldn´t want to be everybody´s darling all the time

But the Tube is full of posers too.

Originally Posted by RazorCandi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's pretty much a given, especially today with the amount of jealousy and self importance people give themselves. I can't even watch a video on youtube or look at photos without scrolling down and seeing 100 mean comments, I try to avoid even reading comments anymore because it annoys me that no one has anything nice to say anymore and that everyone thinks their opinion about how they feel about someone they don't even know matters. f*** being famous.

Haha true, but being a poser is still no excuse to be such a self centered pecker wood... er... maybe it is 
icon_biggrin.gif
 They say mean things to hide behind their guilt of poserism haha.

Originally Posted by Sexy Sadie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

But the Tube is full of posers too.

Quote: Originally Posted by RazorCandi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

A lot of people don't realize what fame does to them and their relationships until it's already happened. Money and fame changes people. I was going to post that I would like to be famous for doing something extraordinary, but what I consider to be extraordinary may be different from someone else' definition. I honestly don't think that I could handle being famous. To have people sit outside my home and waiting to take pictures of me everywhere I go. Always having to look good...a girl needs a day off every once in awhile. It would suck to have someone critique EVERY single move I make, and worst of all, waiting for me to make a mistake, or fail at my attempts. Take Britney Spears and her not so great VMA comeback performance a couple years ago. Yes, it wasn't what was expected, but look at the backlash that she got from it. We all screw up big time and embarrass ourselves periodically throughout life, but I remember entertainment shows and internet websites CRITIQUING her performance in slow motion. That has to be hard. I think that no matter how strong or confident we all are, we all have our insecurities and soft spots. Look at Demi Lovato...

I would choose my private life with the income that I have now. Do I want to be able to increase my income, why yes, of course! But I am not willing to sacrifice my privacy and my sanity for it. It's just not worth it at all.

I agree! That is how I feel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'll take the money, but i'll give back the fame. I like my privacy.

Back