QOTD December 7, 2010: How's Your Punctuality?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
How's your punctuality?

I just thought of this because my sister is ALWAYS late - usually 1/2hr to 1 hour late.  It drives me crazy because I have to tell her to come at an earlier time so she can be only a few minutes late. 

How are you at keeping appointments?

I'm early for everything. I hate being late. For example If it takes me 20 minutes to get somewhere I usually allow myself  40 minutes to one hour to get there..   In case of road construction, trains, traffic jams, finding parking,and weather delaying the time to get there.

I have a fear of being late, so I'm typically early, if not on time.

I try to be a little early and usually arrive a little early or on time.

Since I retired I do some occasional volunteer work (financial data entry twice a month and computer repair/salvage/rebuilding) and try to time my work and the driving to those places so I miss the rush hour traffic.

I always go early to the Saturday morning photography class so I will get my favorite seat close to an outlet for my laptop and help the instructor set up her laptop computer and projector. Sometimes the instructor brings in a Photoshop instructional instructional DVD to loan to students and the early student gets to borrow it first. I have been the first to borrow all 3 of them so far.

I like to be 15- 1/2 hr early. My other half likes to be 1-2 hours late, so I have to lie about our schedule all the time and yell to get him out the door
3.gif

I HATE being late. I think it's so disrespectful.

My punctuality is actually pretty impeccable, most of the time I am all ready to go and actually end up having to sit around and wait until it is time to leave, which sucks because I get sleepy during the process of waiting, especially if I am waiting on a friend who is getting ready and then I kind of lose the excitement of going out and all I wanna do is crash and the whole night ends up being a bust. Most of the people I hang out with suck ass at showing up on time and it really bothers me, not only are a lot of people not on time, some of them are so flaky they don't even show up at all and when I call them they say they are on their way and still never show up. I ended up doing a lot of things on my own back home because of this. I'm glad that both my husband and I are punctual because we'd be left stranded a lot since over here  we get around with public transportation and if you miss the bus or train you are shit outta luck!

I absolutely HATE to wait on late people, so I try to always be early.  I just don't get the late thing.  Well...sometimes I have a hard time reaching to the office on time...hehe

I hate being late, but i think being too early is equally infuriating, so i try to be on time, although i make sure i leave 10/15 minutes early just to be sure.

i like to be on time everywhere i go! when i was in high school, i had a perfect attendence/puntuality record, nver late and never absent, so i would literally be scared to be late ha ha ha :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I hate being late, even if it's just to see a friend. MY boyfriend get annoyed because he thinks i stress out to much about getting somewhere on time. To be early is to be on time, to be on time is to be late and to be late is unacceptable. 

I've gotten better over time, because I used to be late to everything. Now I strive for on time which really means that I am about 5 minutes early to 5 minutes late, within that time frame. The only time I made damn sure I was early is when I was working and had to punch a clock on time. You don't want management calling you into an office to chew you out, or worse, fire you!

Geesh.  I don't even know how to answer this one.  If we're talking about catching a plane, I'm always WAY EARLY.  Perhaps it's something about the words NON-REFUNDABLE, that get me.

If it's work, I used to ALWAYS be late and I've almost always worked 2-5 miles from home.  Now that my son catches the bus 40 minutes before my start time at work, I'm pretty much ALWAYS EARLY.  

If it's a family outing we're almost always late.  We have yet to master the coordinating of schedules.  

Back