Decoration pieces for home!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi all!

I am renovating my drawing room and have bought new Sofas and carpet. Now my old decoration pieces look bad. I am ready to replace them with new one.

Please give me some ideas, what decoration pieces are In fashion now a day?

It'd be nice if you mentioned:

what style you like? (modern, antique, country, classic, eclectic, etc)

what colours you like? (fall, summer, winter, spring?  neutrals, purples, etc)

how much $$$ if any you are willing to spend? (none - minimal - sky's the limit)

what materials you prefer?  (fabric, leather, wood, glass, metal, fibreboard)

okayyyy! here you go:

I have no such specifics in my mind and that is why i asked what is in Fashion now a day. I can go with classics, antiques and modern without minding. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

yeah but as far money is concerned, i would love to spend as less on decorations because i have to spend on more needs as well. 

what colour is the sofa you just bought and what fabric?

updated:

If you want a cheap and easy way to re-vamp your look, paint your walls a different colour.  Its the cheapest way to liven and update a room.  Remove the clutter and move the furniture around to change the flow of traffic thru the room.  Change the textiles in the room...new curtains, new cushions or cushion covers.  take everything off the shelves, dust them and return only those that you like, donate or store those that you feel is dated.  Put up shelving if you are lacking storage space, buy some baskets that are same in colour, they don't have to be the same size.  put away all the little things in those baskets.  These days, less is more. 

Put up some pictures on the walls.  Buy some simple black frames with a simple beveled matte.  If you don't have any pictures you want to place inside those frames, google some black and white pictures of whatever topic you want (ex.  b/w flowers or seashells or Ansel Adams photographs).  Print them on a good quality glossy photo paper and mount them on the matte and place them in the frames.  If you have a large blank wall, group the frames in banks of 3 or 6 or 9. 

Buy a large plant that is easy to take care of and doesn't require full light. If you buy a plant that you would normally see at an office.... peace lilies or dracaena or mother-in-law's tongue are super easy to take care of and very hard to kill. 

I hope this is a good start.

hey DIvaDoll i just love your idea of placing a plant; I am so excited to get a good plant for my drawing room but will have to search for a right one :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Plants do quite a lot more than people give them credit for in decor.  I have a few large plants in my house.  They fill holes in a room where you may feel requires an additional piece of furniture or decoration.

I second the idea of having house plants.

I have several and I think they make my home like quite nice.

ok here you go!

I am not sure about any specifics and that is why i have put it on forums:

but if i think, i want glass materials and huge vase to put on floor and put some nice flowers in it i guess.

and i can spend not more than $200 for the decoration so please consider that in mind while suggesting :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just thought you may want some usable suggestions... since I don't know your tastes, its best to ask questions.

If you want a plant and something tall, combine it. Tall potted plant. I would get some pics for the walls.  Paint your walls.  buy some cushion covers. 

Latest posts

Back