Have you decided which look you're going for at Christmas ?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm still hesitating between the basic smokey eye (using my UD Naked palette) and red lips, too bad one of my gifts is a pair of eyelashes they would go so well with that look. I realised i had Makeup Forever's Moulin Rouge in my mind, a bit darker and without the glitters.

Or i was thinking of Dior's holiday look. It's a smokey gold eye, you can see some black too, and i think some silver eyeshadow on the lower lid. I don't own the quad it was created with (but i'm tempted to buy it...), but the 2 quads i already own seem to have very similar colors, so i could try it (#569 & 804), or i could use the golds and browns of the Naked palette. I have to look in my stash if i have something looking like that purple pink lip, on other pictures it looked more like a neutral pink. I think there is some gold lipgloss over, i have one i don't use that often so it would be the occasion.

What about you ?

I never decide on my makeup until I am standing in front of the mirror. But what I am trying to decide on is my nails, a nail blogger did her nails with a green shimmer topped with China Glaze Golden Enchantment last year and it looked like Christmas trees on her fingers. I've already tried Wet n Wild Color Craze in Morbid as the green for this, but it's too dark indoors even though it looks fantastic outdoors. So I've bought some other greens to try for this. Otherwise I got that Borghese red glitter from that last collection. I might keep it simple and go with that...or I got a Funky Fingers nail polish, Blitzen, that is a green glitterbomb ala the Burlesque OPIs.

Oh and I love both of the pictures you used to illustrate your looks and can't decide which I like better. I think it depends on the clothes you are going to wear, if it's traditional red and green I think the red lip in the first picture would be better, if it's silvers, golds, black, etc then the purple pink would be better.

Thanks ! Lol i haven't decided what i want to wear for Christmas. I had spotted a black dress but it was a bit too pricey for me, so i really don't know. There is a combination i like wearing, dark grey pants and beige gold top, it goes well with a flapper eye, so it'd go well with the smokey, but i also have a purple top i could wear with black pants.

maybe a dark gold shimmery smoky eye with dark green somewhere and red lips. i have no idea. 

I was thinking maybe a dark red or burgundy & silver eye.....

If I did the dark red, I'd pop a little glitter on top.

Most likely the Dior Five Golds look, I'm planning to get the palette soon, and a berry lip. I'm the queen of the smokey eye, and do not wear a strong lip often, but a berry/red lip just can't be ignored around the holidays!

Chanel Tentation Cuivre quad and a matte, deep red lip. I'm still on the hunt for the perfect lippie.

I know I'm getting makeup for christmas so, I can't really say what look I'll go for.

Probably just the classic eye.
rolleyes.gif

Nails? probably my bright red, or possibly this metcallic green I am getting on xmas, or maybe BOTH! :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

haha

Gosh I sooo love bold lips...but with my braces...when I smile (I can't smile closed mouthed) it's just too much going on....Sigh..

Im going for a blue/brown smokey eye with red lips. Thinking about doing a tutorial on it b/c got a lot of compliments.. and I NEVER wear red lips, but this color was dark and nice! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by blondepearl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Most likely the Dior Five Golds look, I'm planning to get the palette soon, and a berry lip. I'm the queen of the smokey eye, and do not wear a strong lip often, but a berry/red lip just can't be ignored around the holidays!

I've tried the look and it's totally possible to do without the palette. You need a champagne eyeshadow all over (lash to brow), a medium gold on the lid, a slightly bronzey / brown gold in the outer corner worked up in the crease.

Gold on the lower lid too. These are from my golds palette :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Then MAC Dark Soul pigment (or any black shadow with gold hints), as eyeliner, blended with a silver eyeshadow (that one from the Extase pinks palette).

Black mascara and dark eyebrows to compensate.

The magenta lip doesn't suit me at all. Nor does the red lip, i look like a paint pot. So i will go for a more neutral pink lip (MAC's Romancin' or Too swoon for), with a gold lipgloss in the center of the lip (Nars Writer).

All that glitters on the lid, winged liner and red lipstick or lip stain.. haven't decided that yet.

I have no idea yet. I'd like to do black liquid eyeliner and a tinted lip, but I have Knight Divine from MAC which I'd like to use as well, so we'll see. I don't think I'll do anything too crazy. I don't even know what I'm wearing yet, either.

Back