Makeup artistry book and video recommendations?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm going shopping , I would like to pick up a good makeup artistry book so I can practice.Can someone tell me a good video as well? It'll be greatly appreciated.Preferrably something that focuses on blending too!

if you're fairly young, bobbie brown has some nice books, personally i find videos more informative (and free!) youtube gurus you need to watch: pixiwoo gossmakeupartist makeupgeek kandeejohnson nurberxo and juicystar07 has some amusing yet good videos (watch out for her sneeky product placement though, she gets paid to show you them)

Jemma Kidd Make-up Masterclass: Beauty Bible of Professional Techniques and Wearable Looks
Makeup: The Ultimate Guide
Making Faces
Bobbi Brown Makeup Manual: For Everyone from Beginner to Pro
Pro Makeup: Salon Secrets of the Professionals
Stage Makeup (10th Edition)
Makeup Your Mind: Express Yourself

Making faces is a amazing book. Anything by the author is really good.

Youtube-

Kandee

Goss

Petrilude

Enkore

Bubacholumuaâ€

Lisafreemontstreet  - Lots of pinup

MissChievous

monroemisfitmakeup
QueenofBlendingMUA

xsparkage

I have a book by Bobbi Brown and it's really good with explaining the basics. I also have Frederick Fekkai book called a Year In Style and it's a great book about everything from hair to skin care if you are looking more of a french au naturel approach. 

Kevyn Aucoin's books are the ones I have and they're really good - the makeup is REALLY heavy but they're still really good.

I need to get my hands on NARS and Jemma Kidd's books.

Youtube:

Lisa Elderidge is good, so too are Pixiwoo, Petrilude and gossmakeupartist

I agree with all these.  I love the Kevyn Aucoin books.  I have also learned ALOT from both Petrilude (more makeup looks and tips)  and Goss (alot of basics and product reviews). 

Originally Posted by reesesilverstar /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Kevyn Aucoin's books are the ones I have and they're really good - the makeup is REALLY heavy but they're still really good.

I need to get my hands on NARS and Jemma Kidd's books.

Youtube:

Lisa Elderidge is good, so too are Pixiwoo, Petrilude and gossmakeupartist

Back