Dry lips!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would first gently exfoliate them with a soft toothbrush, washcloth or a lip scrub (i.e. sugar mixed with olive oil), but don´t get near the cracked parts of course. Then apply a thick lip balm like Eucerin Aquaphor (or Vaseline if you don´t have anything else). Don´t use anything like Carmex, because it has menthol in it and might irritate your lips even further

Yes, exfoliate gently to get rid of the dry skin, then apply a thick lipbalm, you can try Burt's Bees honey lipbalm (not the regular one, it has peppermint inside) or Nuxe's reve de miel lipbalm, in a pot. This one is more expensive but does wonders even on the most challenged lips. You can try honey as well.

dont pick at your lips. do a lip scrub, and invest in a good chapstick/lip balm.

also, i remember i heard that too much chapstick can actually backfire.

i actually use clarins moisture replenishing lip balm. i really want to suggest this one.

i had really dry lips last year and after a couple days of using this. it helped a lot.

it really works :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes, exfoliate gently to get rid of the dry skin, then apply a thick lipbalm, you can try Burt's Bees honey lipbalm (not the regular one, it has peppermint inside) or Nuxe's reve de miel lipbalm, in a pot. This one is more expensive but does wonders even on the most challenged lips. You can try honey as well.
I totally forgot honey! I used to use honey on my lips years ago, now I´m wondering if I should give it a try again. For some reason the middle of my bottom lip always is a bit chapped, no matter what season, and no matter how often I exfoliate my lips. If the honey doesn´t work, at least it tastes good lol

Originally Posted by Andi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I totally forgot honey! I used to use honey on my lips years ago, now I´m wondering if I should give it a try again. For some reason the middle of my bottom lip always is a bit chapped, no matter what season, and no matter how often I exfoliate my lips. If the honey doesn´t work, at least it tastes good lol

Do you mean natural honey??

Did it work??

I love natural treatment!!

I am going to try right now.
claps.gif

I agree with the exfoliating, and I use Smith's Lip Balm Minted Rose you can find it at Sephora. It's amazing, smells good, its not waxy at all and makes your lips feel and look soft and supple.

If you can't find it in Israel you can order it online from ebay since paypal works now also in Israel, I know this cause I spent lots of my childhood years in Israel.

Eucerin is one of the best ever! you can order it online, I remember when my DH and I were in Israel we couldn't find it any where there but who knows, maybe it's already made it's way to Israel.

OP, my lips used to crack and bleed until by chance I figured out what to do. Now they are always soft and smooth. To heal my lips, I would put on chapstick and layer over aquafore. I did this everyday. At night right before going to bed, I put on a ton of aquafore. In the morning, my lips were soft as butter and I exfoliated them with a hand towel, my finger, toothbrush etc. I still use aquafore at night and always have smooth and soft lips.

Lips need exfoliation on a regular basis.  And, lip balm. Licking our lips also helps to dry them out.

Originally Posted by perlanga /img/forum/go_quote.gif

A huge wad of vaseline works every time for me!
Yeah, I was dating this guy, and he did the same thing. When we'd kiss, his lips were super soft.... 

I like the Honey Lip Balm from Burt's Bees too.  It's the only thing that works well for me when my lips are really dry.

The one thing that always works for me when my lips get that bad is Blistex, the one in the squeeze tube. I slather that on good and sleep with it on, when I wake up my lips are healed. Not all balms are equal. I find that Softlips is okay to keep my lips from getting chapped, but if they are already in bad shape, it's no good at all and seems to make it worse. So be careful which products you choose. I would think Vaseline or Aquaphor would be good choices too, but a plain chapstick, not so much. I don't know anything about Burts Bees but take everyones word for it that it's another good one.

i had dry lips last month. i had smiled and ripped open my bottom lip in the middle. I stayed away from licking my lips and kept carmex on them at all times. healed in a week.

Back