Nose contouring?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi!

Does anybody here contour their nose?

My nose slants to the side slightly, and has a rather large bump on one side which makes it do this. It doesn't bother me as much anymore, except when i see it in pictures of me straight on. I've been playing around with my Bare Minerals bronzer, which is really dark, and i've managed to (for the first time) make my nose look straight in a straight on picture. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

But i can only achieve this with quite a dark brown, and in real life you can tell i've got something there. A lighter brown makes hardly any difference at all. Does anybody have this problem, or does anyone know of a way to make contouring the nose look natural?

Thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I don't contour my nose, but from what i've seen in tutorials, you are supposed to apply a dark color on the sides (darker foundation, darker concealer or contour powder), and light on the bridge of the nose. The only area you apply nothing on is the tip of your nose.

You need shade that is similar in tone to the actual contours of your face. This typically means it'll be a cool, taupe shade.

Yup. Stay away from red/orangey tones. Browns that are neutral-cool and with a bit of grey in them best mimic shadows.

I wouldn't advise trying to contour with a loose bronzer. If you're talking about Bare Minerals Warmth.... stay away from it, it isn't all that great.

Oh ok... interesting lol. I'm going to have to find a suitable colour.

Internetchick - you don't look like you have a big nose at all lol.

I just use a fan brush and my bronzer. 

I start by putting a little onto the fan brush and dusting the bronzer on lightly on each side of my nose. To make it look more natural I also blend it out a little. Then I dust a bit of highlighting powder on the bridge of my nose and chin. 

Play around some :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I've ended up really loving it and worked it into my daily routine. 

I broke my nose when I was younger, and I don't really contour my nose, but I always put a little bit of bronzer on my nose and I swear by this. It really makes it look smaller!

Latest posts

Back