Your house is on fire!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
And you only have enough time to save five things! All of your pets and family members make it out safely.

What do you save?

1. My computer

2. Cell phone

3. Family pictures

4. Purse

5. Car keys

1. the 2 baby boxes for my kids

2. my external hard drive with my pictures

3. house/car keys

4. my purse

5. laptop

1. - All my dvds and cd's.

2. Computer hard drive.

3. Purse, phone, and anything that's already in my handbag. ;P

4. Make sure I have my Mum and Brother with me.

i don't think i even have a 5th. :|

I wouldn't go back for anything. Boring answer I know, but if my family is safe everything else is just things (I do keep backup DVDs of pictures in our fireproof safe).our

Its a list game.  Like 'If I were on a deserted island...'

...besides, you should back them up and store them at a totally different location like your parent's house or a friends or a safety deposit box.  You should check the fire rating on a fireproof safe and see how long it is rated for and what it really is rated for, the melting temperature of a dvd is much lower than the combustion temperature of paper.  Your valuable paperwork usually what a fireproof safe is meant to store and not dvds...maybe jewelry but that melts at a higher temperature as well.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wouldn't go back for anything. Boring answer I know, but if my family is safe everything else is just things (I do keep backup DVDs of pictures in our fireproof safe).our

Purse (which contains my cellphone, keys, id etc)

Computer (the main component, cpu or whatver you call it with the hard drive, processor in it)

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Its a list game.  Like 'If I were on a deserted island...'

...besides, you should back them up and store them at a totally different location like your parent's house or a friends or a safety deposit box.  You should check the fire rating on a fireproof safe and see how long it is rated for and what it really is rated for, the melting temperature of a dvd is much lower than the combustion temperature of paper.  Your valuable paperwork usually what a fireproof safe is meant to store and not dvds...maybe jewelry but that melts at a higher temperature as well.

I  know, I am a pain in the butt lol. Let me give it a go:

• My purses
  • My makeup
  • Cocoa, my Wrinkle I have had since elementary school
  • My Matryoshka dolls

I can't think of a fiftth item.

I'm the same as Leticia. Making sure my family is OK would be my top priority.

Except that every single important image/document/video is backed up offline with Carbonite and Roboform.  So I really need nothing out of my computer. 

Knowing my family and hamster are okay, I would grab:

1. Phone

2. Wallet

3. Car Keys

4. My Plush Fox

since my family and cats,dogs and rats are fine i would grab:

1. car keys

2. important document folder

3. scrapbook

4. phone

5. my kids favorite stuffed animals ( son's babycat, and daughter's doggie)

1. My cell phone/Charger

2. & 3. My makeup collection (I have two ten drawer organizers so I guess that counts as two items)

4. Pictures-especially of my sister

5. My dogs toys

We have carbonite so my files would all be safe.

Quote: Originally Posted by cutepandobear /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  And you only have enough time to save five things! All of your pets and family members make it out safely.

What do you save?

1. My computer

2. Cell phone

3. Family pictures

4. Purse

5. Car keys

I can tell you exactly what I would save because we did have a fire a few years ago. Thankfully it was contained to the bathroom but still...

1. My pets.
  2. Clothes.
  3. My purse (I keep my cellphone and keys in it).
  4. My computer (has family photos).
  5. My childrens' medications.

I sleep with these things near my bed in case of emergency:

1. Cell Phone 

2. Wallet

3. My "Important Documents" sterilite bin

4. Laptop

5. Jacket

Back