Model Mayhem

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Have been going trough the site Model Mayhem a couple of times, it advertise itself it is the place where professionals and amateurs meet (modells, photographers, make up artists), but my impression is it is just amateurs that think of themselves as professionals and pat each others back. 

Anyone here member there? Got paid work out of it?

I have an account on there. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> This is my MM#: 1792884

There are quite a few professional photographers, models and makeup artists, and also many amateur ones of course :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

I think it's a website where aspiring models, photographers and MUA's can show their work to the world and get some world wide exposure.. A way to meet and perhaps team up with others in these fields to create some great work :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm obviously just an amateur "hobby" model..

Although I know I don't have all the requirements needed to be a professional model, I still enjoy doing it :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've gotten a bunch of TF (time for photos) shoots so far, which have been a heck of a lot of fun!!

I've had a few offers for paid shoots too, but they were usually quite sketchy. Or a genre I would, personally, rather not expose myself to the world in ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've booked a few paid jobs off the site (withOUT doing glamour work -- I know a few girls doing glamour modeling on there who are actually earning their living off MM's amateur photographers).  Most people on there are looking at TF work though.  It's a good place for newbies to build a book and gain some experience, especially if you don't fit the normal agency qualifications to be able to walk in someplace and get signed.  (Or a way to build a port while you try to get signed.)

There are a ton of amateurs and hobbyists on there (to even say the majority are amateurs), but there are also some extremely high quality folks on there, as well as some "real" ("this is my day job -- my only bread and butter income") professionals as well.

There's a good mix of amateurs and professionals on there. Many people become professional from building up a reputation through Model Mayhem. A friend of mine is a great example. He used to be a DJ but decided to have a crack at photography. Taught himself everything he knows and now shoots for a variety of modelling agencies as their 'tester' photographer for new girls. He travels all round the world and has had covers of several artsy magazines. I have a modelling account on there for my 'alter ego'. I've not got a bad word to say about Model Mayhem.

im on there Ive gotten paid work alot of times and met plenty of good ppl you just gotta  know who to work with some ppl dont want to pay and they dont want to Trade they just want to see half naked chicks so you could tell sometimes by their pport if they r real or not!!!!!! Most of my Professional pics ive gotten are For my actual folder portfolio so I have more makeup of myself on my MM but my MM# is  825715 if anyone wants to check em out

BTW lil dee I sent you friend request on there loll..........

I used to own a wig making/hair extension store online and used ModelMayhem very often. I thought it was a great site to meet others and get some work. I did have one issue with a photographer on there once though, I sent him two $300 wigs I had made for a photo shoot in exchange for some nice quality photos done with a model and never got the photos or the wigs back. But it's just one of those things that you can never tell when it's going to happen regardless of the person's experience level. But other then that I loved that site and almost all of the people I met on there!

I featured this thread on the front page in the carrousel and I used one of your pictures LilDee. I hope you don't mind. 

Latest posts

Back