QOTD January 14, 2011: Are you a regular?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
QOTD January 14, 2011: Are you a regular?

Do you ever go somewhere so often that the employees know your name, your family, or maybe even what you'll buy... before you even step in the door?  A salon, restaurant, grocery store, or bank?  What kind of place is it and how long have you been going there?

I eat lunch at the same place every day that I work. They know exactly what I have and the time I will be in. Ready to go for me every day. It's great.

I have regular lighthouses you could say, in terms of restaurant/coffee place/stores, i have regular habits but not regular enough to know anyone by firstname. But it's nice to be accustomed to the place you know exactly what is on the menu, it saves everyone time.

I buy my coffee at the same Mcdonalds every weekday morning.  I'm a memorable person and there are places where I don't frequent very often but the owners still remember me.

I go to a sushi restaurant pretty often.  Last time I was there (on Friday! lol) I was talking to the lady/owner (I think) and said I had been in there quite a few times and she said "Oh I know!  I remember you!"  I'm on my way to a "regular" status I guess!  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yes. I got to a Chinese restaurant in a city we used to live in. We have been going since I was pregnant with my oldest, who just turned 12. The food is good, and the service and employees are top notch.

And now i am hungry for potstickers lol.

Not right now.  We just moved to NC from NY over the summer so we haven't really had enough time to be "regulars" anywhere quite yet!

yes!!! omg haha my friend and I have been going to Outback Steakhouse for the last 5 years. we go at least once a month, but lately its been every weekend. They all kno us, and what were going to order. "Cheese fries n 2 cokes right?". Kinda think we should start eating in. hehe

There are three places I go to allll the time for lunch (when I don't carry that is).  That would be Subway, A curry food place and an Arabic food place.  They allll know what I want as I walk in the door....oh ..there is my Breakfast place.  They put aside breakfast for me everymornig.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Around Christmas time I give them Corporate gifts and they give whatever extras they have for special clients....to me...yay!

That's interesting... The only places I could think of is Gymboree and a Jamaican restaurant we go to here that the ppl find me interesting because I'm a trini. Other than that, ppl just smile, but we don't engage in conversations. Again, interesting...

We have two restaurants that we eat at so often that we know the staff really well and they know us well too.  Since they're restaurants and they know the kinds of food we like, their recommendations for specials and new stuff are always perfect!

Just the gas station/convenience store and my pharmacy, oh and my kids school, it seems like I'm always there for one reason or another.

We like variety too much to go to the same restaurants all the time. I color my own hair and rarely get it cut. There isn't much reason to go to the bank very often. And I even go to 5 or 6 different grocery stores.

Besides the corner conevience store by my house......I am a regular here at Makeutalk, and they know me by name at my vets office.

Bakers Shoes. The manager won't let anyone else help me because she's knows I'm a buyer and she doesn't want to lose the commission. I've recently fallen in love with shoes. I'm 5'11" so I never felt the need to wear heels, but I'm in there often these days.

starbucks, sigh. I used to have about 5 baristas who knew me but a few have moved away.

One of them even turned to his colleague once and was like "THIS is the one I was telling you about!"

I was like, ummmm... in a good way, right?

But they always know my order and stuff. And my name. Kind of creepy, in a nice way!

I have been going to the coffee shop in the building I work in for the past 16 years.  When they see me in line they start getting my tea ready. Also, my fiance and I have a date night every second Friday at a local pub.  They have amazing food and the staff is great!

Shoppers Drug Mart close to where I live. The women in cosmetics and  some of  the other store staff know me by name lol. I like the service so I keep going back.

Other than gas stations/convenience stores/etc. I believe that I will very soon be a regular at my local Food Lion.  I've only made two trips there, but on the first visit I made such an impression with my coupon savings that the employees remembered me on my second visit, nearly two weeks later.

There are a few delivery places that we order from for lunch at work that know all of us.

Back