Eye shadow

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Shimmery or metallic grey eye shadow. This is key to smoky eyes that are sexy, not raccoon-like. A luminous, medium grey shadow provides that smoky effect without the heaviness of a matte charcoal or black shadow.

Smokey eyes is a technique, it's not so much about black or another eyeshadow. Personally i like the darkness of black, grey makes me look ghostly.

I'll agree with Aude that "Smokey eye" is a technique, not a color. But you did say that you find the grays sexy, so maybe it's a matter of personal opinion. But a brown/bronze smokey eye wins every time in my books.

smokey means just what is says.. smoke.. make your shadow look like smoke. it doesn't really matter what colors you choose as long as the eyeshadow is blended up and fades out.

I agree with it being technique and not colour choice. Any colour can be used to create an awesome smokey eye effect.

Temptalia did an awesome charcoal black smokey eye tutorial awhile back.

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Smokey eyes is a technique, it's not so much about black or another eyeshadow. Personally i like the darkness of black, grey makes me look ghostly.

I have yet to master the smokey eye. Can't seem to get it smokey enough! I love bright-colored smokey eyes.

Back