A good drugstore taupe eyeshadow

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Due to budget cuts and a new baby my makeup budget has taken a backseat and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good drugstore brand taupe eyeshadow. I'm always looking for dupes of other colors too but right now I'm looking for a good taupe eyeshadow.

Any ideas?

There is a gorgeous taupe in the Wet n Wild Sand Castle palette. L'Oreal HiP makes a beautiful taupe shadow paint.

I hear Wet 'N Wild's "Nutty" is supposed to be pretty good, but I don't personally own it. Also, the "Natural Smokes" quad from Maybelline has 4 really nice colors.

I agree about WnW's Nutty - it's a FANTASTIC taupe, especially for the money. Good color pay off, it wears well. It is one of my favs

How has your search for a taupe been going? Any luck finding one yet, I too am still looking for one.

I also have Nutty and it really is perfect.  Another one I have is Cover Girl "Mauve Souffle" it's almost the same color just a little more greyish. I've been wanting to try Tapestry Taupe as well.  I have Hip paint in the color Lofty, not sure if it's the one talked about above. It shows up more of nude color on me then taupe.

Hard Candy Duo in High Maintenance. The colour payoff isn't incredible, and it's quite shimmery, but still pretty.

My favorite all time taupe shadow is Jordana's "Over the Taupe". it is soo beautiful and I also own nutty. which is great too! but I prefer Jordana's Over the Taupe. it's AMAZING!!!!!
heart.gif

I never know how to use a taupe shadow. What is your favorite taupe eye look? What other colors do you pair it with?

I have really gotten into the Physician's Formula Canyon Quad.  It is four matte shades:  cream, taupe, dusty plum and darker tan.  Price is right too..runs about $8 at CVS (pair with their extra bucks and that's really inexpensive eyeshadow).  I use a primer for all my eyeshadows, and this one will last me from 6am to 8pm no problem.

Quote: Originally Posted by ultajunkie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I never know how to use a taupe shadow. What is your favorite taupe eye look? What other colors do you pair it with?
I usually use a bright color on the lid and in the crease a taupe to tone it down a bit.

Anyone know of a good lighter, greyer matte taupe?  It doesn't have to be drugstore. I'd love it to be cruetly-free if possible, but please share any matte, lighter taupes that you like.

I'm thinking of a shade a lot like Inglot 342 (however I won't buy from Inglot since their cruelty-free status is not clear).

It looks like the shade below, to the left.

Back