QOTD: January 21 2011 Did You Attend Your Prom?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did not.

I had went to 3 semi formals, and had zero interest in Prom.

I did.  I'm glad I did, though in hindsight it seems insignificant, but if I hadn't I'm sure I'd be one who wondered "what if" etc.

This was the only school dance function I actually attended in my years at high school.  It was memorable enough during but really fun after.

Sadly no, I was the idiot that decided to wait until the day before to start looking at dresses!! But it was too late of course so I didn't go! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I do regret it.

Nope. The only formal occasion I have been to is my wedding lol. I don't care that I never went to my prom.

Originally Posted by eightthirty /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I did.  I'm glad I did, though in hindsight it seems insignificant, but if I hadn't I'm sure I'd be one who wondered "what if" etc.

I agree 100%, although I didn't have much interest in it I know I would have been a what if person, and IMHO, I think I had the best dress it was so gorgeous :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I still wish I could wear it today, but I was heavier then and it no longer fits!

My mom had more interest in it than I did.  She had come home with all this expensive material and plans on making my dress...good thing she used to be a seamstress so it turned out really nicely.

I skipped it and don't regret it at all.  I just wasn't into dances when I was in high school.  I had more fun just hanging out with my friends.

I guess the equivalent to proms in Australia are formals. You have 2 big ones, one at the end of the 10th grade and the other at the ends of the 12th grade. I guess the 12th grade formal is more of a bigger deal as it's your last year of school, but I personally thought my year 10 formal was better!

Yep, 3rd and 4th year. I liked shopping for dresses and getting ready way more than I liked the actual event.

I didn't go. I was shy and self conscious in high school and would have been mortified to be there and expected to mingle with people. There is also no way any boy from my school would ask nerdy awkward me to go anyway.

Prom here in my country is mainly for the senior class (they perform a special entry dance in matching dresses and then a midnight show which is dance, comedy etc), but everybody at the school (younger students, teachers, parents, relatives) gets to go as well. In the town where I went to high school, it was always held in a castle which was pretty cool. We have buffets, several bars, rooms for ballroom dancing and a room that´s turned into a "club". And the legal drinking age is 16 for wine/beer and 18 for hard liquor.

So yeah, those proms were fun, I went every year, but my personal prom when I was a senior was stressful cause we had to perform those dances and you had to entertain your family at the table etc.

Then I also experienced prom at a US high school when I was a junior. My date ended up not being able to go (what a shame, he was cute!), so I went with some friends. Overall, that prom was so lame. No food, no alcohol (of course lol), and I believe it was over at midnight or so (whereas ours last until 5am). Since my date didn´t go to prom there weren´t any afterparties I could have gone to with him, so I went to a "party" with this girl I knew. Little did I know this girl´s friends were conservative christians. The "party" consisted of watching TV in the living room & eating pizza. The parents were there at all times to ensure that at no point a boy and a girl were ever alone in a room together.

Yes!!  I went to 3 proms....  As a Junior and Senior at my school and as a Senior at my girl friends school!

Latest posts

Back