Teeth Whitening (MERGED)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Who has white teeth?

Do you guys use an over the counter whitening toothpaste or do you guys go whiten it at the dentist? Is it worth doing? Is there any other way to keep your teeth white?

I will be interested to see what people say. Since I had a root canal on my front tooth, it's gotten pretty grey. I'm looking for a solution myself
smile.gif

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif I will be interested to see what people say. Since I had a root canal on my front tooth, it's gotten pretty grey. I'm looking for a solution myself
smile.gif
Owie.. that's one thing I'm really scared of.. is having to get a root canal..Well I'm thinking of getting composite bonding... which is kind of like veneers but way cheaper. They apply resins or something on your teeth and dry it up and shape it nicely.. They can also put a whiter colour to whiten up the teeth. Apparently is there is very little little pain.

Neeks, I've never heard of this, it doesn't sound too bad for sorting really bad looking teeth!

Originally Posted by Neeky /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well I'm thinking of getting composite bonding... which is kind of like veneers but way cheaper. They apply resins or something on your teeth and dry it up and shape it nicely.. They can also put a whiter colour to whiten up the teeth. Apparently is there is very little little pain. I had composite bonding done as I had a pretty wide gap at the side of my lower teeth. My dentist had advised me to be careful when biting into hard foods like apple as it can chip the 'fake' teeth. I was cautious when I first had them, but I realised that its not as fragile as my dentist said it was, I ate normally, hard foods or otherwise with no problems. However, I noticed after some time (I've had them for 2 odd years or so), the 'teeth' can indeed shift, revealing a bit of gap that was initially concealed by it, so you might want to take notice of this. As for the whitening effect, it might not work as well as veeners as its less resilient to stains forming. As for teeth whitening using bleaching by a dentist, it'll have to depend on your original teeth colour. If your natural teeth already is predisposited to be more greyish/yellowish, the effect won't be as good as teeth have a limit as to how white they can go, and teeth that are naturally greyish/yellowish (there's actually a medical name for such a condition, but I can't recall it now) have smaller posibilities to getting really white compared to those that don't have predipositions of such problems.

I saw a Youtube video of a woman that whitens them by dipping her toothbrush in Hydrogen Peroxide! Yuck! She said it really works

I use over the counter whitening strips. Crest is awesome.

For maintenance, Crest/Colgate toothpaste with whitening and tartar control.

It's easy, cheap, and whitens.

I Use Colgate Teeth Whitening Oxygen Bubbles Toothpaste In The Morning And At Night But I Night I Use It With Baking Soda.

I'm the same as Celly.

My dad has really white teeth and he has never whitened them, and he smoked for 20 years. All he does is use baking soda to brush his teeth, I'm not sure if he uses toothpaste as well, I'm assuming he does.

i want to try the crest whitening strips. i'm gonna go out and buy them tomorrow and come back and post updates
smile.gif

i use this stuff from arm and hammer. its like this extra whitening boost gel you add to your toothpaste when your gonna brush your teeth.

and as for toothpaste i use this extra clean aquafresh toothpaste.

the combo seems to work pretty well.

I love Crest Whitestrips, but they make my teeth pretty sensitive while I use them so I'm glad the results last for a long time.

I get that sensitivity too Tiffany. Its pretty bad for me, I'm due to whiten again, but dont know how to get around the sensitivity thing. I have always used Crest White Strips. If anyone has any tips I'm all ears.

my dentist recommends crest white strips.

EVERYONE always tells me how white my teeth are...and i haven't whitened them for a year or two!

here's a pic of some girlfriends and i...i'm in the red. i use crest white strips..they do not lol

2682396981_93d40cdd4e.jpg

Awesome post!

I have been wondering the same thing! I have used Crest Whitestrips before and they worked well for me.

How much does it usually cost to get your teeth whitened professionally at the dentist though?

Originally Posted by civicbabe627 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Awesome post!I have been wondering the same thing! I have used Crest Whitestrips before and they worked well for me.

How much does it usually cost to get your teeth whitened professionally at the dentist though?

Here in Australia the Zoom Whitening cost about $1000, sometimes they have specials where it's $799. You just have to look around.

I read, (in Allure I think), that someone swiches their mouth with hydrogen peroxide for 10 minutes once a week. I think I might try it but I don't know if I can do it for 10 minutes.

Back