Boots + shorts= tacky?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMHO, I  think Boots (Especially Uggs) with shorts looks extremely tacky, and you can only get away with it at under 12 yrs old.  

I have dressy black knee high boots that I wore with some dressy black shorts and a cute top!

As usual, it depends on the boots, the shorts and the person wearing them both.  In my 20's, black shorts, black tights and black Doc Martin boots was my standard club wear.  Uggs are generally ugly on everyone.  It doesn't compliment anything you wear. 

I think it looks extremely tacky. Alba's look, while effortless, still isn't cute... But that's just me.

The black outfit doesnt look toooo bad...I mean I wont wear it..but from this picture it doesnt look tooo tacky...the other one..??  Meh.

The Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders can pull off a shorts and boots look. And little kids perhaps. But otherwise, it's not a good look.

I guess I had a totally different look in my mind when I saw this because I saw this Korean Music festival thing on tv recently.  One of the groups had a shorts+boots outfits that I thought was cute, but maybe they're more stage looks than normal people looks?

This was another boots + shorts picture I found while trying to find the outfit of the girls above.

But it's a completely different "boot" look than the ugg's

I do sometimes wear short flat boots with shorts. It's a bit tricky to pull off but it can work.  But I think most of the time it doesn't.

I pictured the same boots Annelle posted, i think these can work with shorts, any type of high boot i think could work, the rest not really.

I think boots and shorts are cute, but you have to do it the right way. Like classic doc martins + fitted shorts.

I think it looks tacky.

However, if they are boots like those pictured by Annelle, that's cute.

So is the ones in Divadoll's picture. The Jessica Alba outfit is terrible though.

It just depends, but Uggs definitely not.

Back