Who here loves tea? What's your favorite kind? Do you drink it hot or cold?

My favorite hot tea is chai/masala :) It's soo perfect. The stuff at Starbucks (TAZO) is terrible and tastes like black pepper and licorice because of the fennel in it - I hate fennel - but most brands taste much better.

I love iced green tea. I don't think I've actually tried green tea hot.

I recently got an order of jasmine tea with flowers.  It's very Chinese - like the kind you get at a Chinese restaurant.  I'm like that right now.  I've tried Tazo when I received a sampler for Christmas.  I tried 1 and threw out all the others. Ugh!  They were disgusting!

I've never tried cold green tea but hot green tea is my bev of choice on saturday mornings brought to me by my DH :)

I love tea :) I like most kinds, my favourite are black teas of various types though - earl grey, chai, orange pekoe etc. Teas you can mix with milk seem more like a meal or something.. or a treat I guess would be the better word. :) But I also have a sizeable collection of herbals teas too. Right now my tea shelf has about 15 different kinds of tea on it. :)

Try the Tazo Zen, it's a blend of verbena and green tea (and other stuff i forgot). It's halfway between a tea and a herbal infusion, it's what i used to take at Starbucks, they changed their brand now and it's awful.

I like blends based on green tea, floral or fruity, i also buy sencha tea at the local japanese grocery store, it's actually cheaper there than in tea stores !

I like a good darjeeling, my english breakfast blend, my Christmas tea which i usually buy with a black tea base. I used to drink only black tea when i was younger, but now my tastes have changed and i favor green tea anytime i can.

I also love white tea, but it's so expensive, the rest is just bai mu tan when you're lucky and added flavors. Yuck !!

I also like a chai tea, i bought a big box at an indian store, saves me the trouble of mixing the spices.

During summer i buy dried fruits mixed in with hibiscus flowers, it's really refreshing. My teas don't taste so well brewed in cold water.

I love tea, the only tea i cannot drink is jasmine, i probably drank too much when i was younger but now it tastes like piss to me.

Definitely HOT.  Piping hot actually.  I love mint and lemon teas.  I also like my simple lipton :)  Oh and I don't drink it with milk.  My teeth don't appreciate that though.

They only have it seasonally, but lord almighty, is it ever good! Last Fall I bought two extra boxes and they only lasted through, till Christmas sadly. :( Tim Horton's Pumpkin Spice tea. Rest of the year: Red Rose tea, with 50/50 to Skim milk & tea, or green tea (no brand preference, providing it's not Starbucks. They might have blended coffee down pat, but the Tazo line of teas - with the exception of the Passionfruit - are absolutely terrible!)

Good thing someone else thinks the same about Tazo because it is absolutely disgusting.  I've not tried passionfruit but the mint and the green tea *gag*

Originally Posted by Maris Crane View Post

They only have it seasonally, but lord almighty, is it ever good! Last Fall I bought two extra boxes and they only lasted through, till Christmas sadly. frown.gif

Tim Horton's Pumpkin Spice tea.

Rest of the year: Red Rose tea, with 50/50 to Skim milk & tea, or green tea (no brand preference, providing it's not Starbucks. They might have blended coffee down pat, but the Tazo line of teas - with the exception of the Passionfruit - are absolutely terrible!)

I bought a mixed package of tazo tea once, and didn;t like any of them.

I love mixed green tea and white tea, greent tea hot or iced, and spiced teas.

i LOVED Timmys pumpkin spice tea and also bought 2 boxes! Celestial teas are really good too. I like the Bengal tea.

• Like 1

Good thing someone else thinks the same about Tazo because it is absolutely disgusting.  I've not tried passionfruit but the mint and the green tea *gag*

It's amazing :) Get it iced with lemonade in store though. I'm sure you could also do it at home, if you have more patience then I, but it truly, is the only tea worth drinking at Starbucks, IMHO.

I love tea! Grew up in a tea-drinking family, so it's almost like an everyday tradition :)

My favorites are strawberry black, regular black, earl grey, mint and green :)

And I try to get decaf as much as I can.

I actually drink black, earl grey and mint type teas with a tiny bit of half and half, and while I can't drink tea HOT, I like it as "hot" as my mouth can handle haha

Iced tea is yummy too <3

maybe its good at starbucks but it is really terrible when you get the teabags for home.

Originally Posted by Maris Crane View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by divadoll View Post

It's amazing smile.gif Get it iced with lemonade in store though. I'm sure you could also do it at home, if you have more patience then I, but it truly, is the only tea worth drinking at Starbucks, IMHO.

Well i've just learned i'm allergic to coffee, thank goodness i have a good stock of teas. Guess i'll have to get used to Starbucks' not so good teas.

I love oregon chai tea. It's sold in concentrated cartons, and you just mix with milk half/half. I drink this when I can as a coffee alternative. Other than that, I brew green tea sometimes. I don't even have a coffeemaker anymore. 

My favorites are mint tea, green tea and chai!

I usually just brew green tea and add some mint from my garden. My friend brought me a stalk from his garden to plant (his seeds are from Morocco!) and it is the most delicious and strong mint I have ever tasted! 

Chai is great and really easy to make at home. 

Tea is awesome! No one in my family drank coffee growing up, only tea. Luckily my husband and his family are Dutch, so there's always lots of tea around to drink when we visit!

I actually like the Tazo tea bags I've tried, but I've only tried Wild Sweet Orange, Black, and Passionfruit. I also like Teavana, but holy crap! That stuff is expensive. I bought a very small amount of two kinds of tea (along with the canisters to hold it) for about $70, and the guy was like, "You know, this is only going to last you for two weeks, right?" I was like, uhhh...nope. It'll last awhile, lol! Especially for that price. 

One of my absolute favorite teas is Hot Cinnamon Sunset by Harney and Sons. Delish!

Also, if anyone lives in the Houston area, they should check out a little place called The British Isles over in Rice Village. It's run by a couple of British ex-pats, and they have all kinds of awesome teas and little treats!

Living in southern Mississippi, pretty much everyone here drinks sweet tea. I personally don't like it too much because it's always too sweet. I love the taste of unsweet tea, though. I like the bitterness.