What do you say when people compliment your makeup?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Friday my co-worker was in love with my eyebrows and could not understand how I filled them in without having them looked like it was drawn on.  Even when I explained how I did it, she still could not get it....LOL....and she kept saying they looked so nice.  I just said 'thanks'.  I had no idea of what else to say.  Many times when people say I love your eyes today or I love that lipstick and I say 'thanks' it's like they are waiting for me to say more...like....expecting something more...LOL....and I have nothing more to say....what do you say?  How do you take compliments?

I don't really know what to say either half the time. Usually I just say thanks and if they say "I like your lipstick" or whatever I tell them what it is too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I usually engage in conversation with them. A South African lady asked me about my eye liner technique a few months ago and I gave her tips, because she said she could never it to look like mine. She also started to tell me about South African makeup, she told me that Max factor has a pull off liner over there, weird!

It doesn't happen too often, but I also seem to just get out a "thanks" and that's it! LOL

The odd time it happens, I say Thank you and will tell them what it is I am wearing.

I sometimes compliment ladies and ask what they are wearing.

I usually just say thank you, and if they ask what im wearing ill tell them.

I usually just say thanks.  If they ask about color or technique I will gladly tell them.  If I compliment someone on their makeup I always ask what color it is. 

I just smile and say thanks too. It's kinda cool, but really weird.

They ask what I use and how, but I see the glazed over look when I start telling them, so that cracks me up and makes it weirder.

LOL!!  Yessss! 

Sometimes I do ALOT just to get one thing done (of course it's neutral to me so it seems like nothing) and you're so right, they just glaze like.  Sometimes they just watch you and say...oh...ok...and you KNOW...they aint gonna be trying that...hahaha.

Originally Posted by reesesilverstar /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just smile and say thanks too. It's kinda cool, but really weird.

They ask what I use and how, but I see the glazed over look when I start telling them, so that cracks me up and makes it weirder.

I always say thank you.

If they're curious and ask about something, I will definitely answer. :]

I stick with "Thank you, you're very sweet to say so."

I try to compliment ladies at any opportunity on their appearance and find it almost always draws a smile, blush, and "Thank you"

I get quite embarrassed and never know what to say, usually it's a smile and a thank you, then I'll tell them what it is I'm wearing.

www.x-livelaughlove-x.blogspot.com

I say "thank you" unless they follow with "how did you do it?" Lol. It can be awkward sometimes - I do agree.

I say thank you and compliment them on something About themselves .If they ask what I'm wearing I tell them,I usually get asked what I'm wearing if someone likes it and I get asked are you a makeup artist if I do something with my eyeshadow that's colorful or if I'm dolled up. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Its nice to hear compliments on my makeup,its my way of expressing myself,plus it helps get me jobs. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I know I will compliment someone if I like their makeup ,hair,style,anything really.sometimes something as simple as their smile.You'd be surprised how much a compliment can mean to someone who is having a struggle or just yucky day.

Originally Posted by nydoll23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I say thank you and compliment them on something About themselves .If they ask what I'm wearing I tell them,I usually get asked what I'm wearing if someone likes it and I get asked are you a makeup artist if I do something with my eyeshadow that's colorful or if I'm dolled up. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Its nice to hear compliments on my makeup,its my way of expressing myself,plus it helps get me jobs. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I know I will compliment someone if I like their makeup ,hair,style,anything really.sometimes something as simple as their smile.

You'd be surprised how much a compliment can mean to someone who is having a struggle or just yucky day.

Totally agree with this

Latest posts

Back