Best Type of Primer?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm experimenting with different eye shadow techniques, and because I've never used primer before as a base, does anyone recommend a good one? I have sensitive skin too if thats relevant.

Thanks 
smile.gif
xo

UDPP here as well ! One i hear is good too is Too Faced Shadow Insurance. You only need a tiny bit per eye, so the tube however small it appears will last you a long time :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I also vote, Urban Decay Primer Potion.

You can also try using NYX Pencils or, MAC paint pots as a good base.

UDPP for sure. Although I do not recommend pencils or paint pots as a primer. They will crease if I don't use udpp underneath.

I use the ELF eye primer.  It works well for $3.  I unfortunately don't wear eye shadow too often but no creasing for the whole day so I can definitely recommend it.

I must be the only one on the planet who's not madly in love with UDPP, but I think the NARS Smudgeproof Eye Shadow Base blows it out of the water. I'm also using the Stila Prime Pot in Taffy recently, mostly as a base and primer under Kitten et al., and I'm impressed. I also like MAC Paint Pots, Barry M.'s Shimmering Eye & Lip Crayons, & NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils as bases, but I second that I need a primer on underneath these (with the exception of the Stila, but that's intended and sold as a primer - I just particularly, really like it under frosty nudes because it has quite a bit of colour payoff, and it's quite tacky.)

I'm in love with LORAC Behind The Scenes primer. I crease really quickly with TFSI and UDPP makes shadows more difficult to blend for me.

My favorite primer is blinc's "Eyeshadow Phase One."  It works without fail every time I use it! Try it out :]

I use nothing but foundation (I put it everywhere on my face, including my eyelids and my lips) and for the most part have no problems with eyeshadows fading or creasing on me. I have oily eyelids so I do avoid anything creamy like the plague, no cream shadows at all, paint pots, cream pencils, etc. Just powder eyeshadow. The only time I could see buying and using it is if I had faintly pigmented eyeshadows I want to try, but why would I? I'd just throw those in the trash.

i have so many primers and bases...from high end to low end. my all time fav is UDPP. i just got it in greed and can't wait to try it. i also just got 2faced shadow insurance, but i haven't tried it yet. if you want a low end that works really well, try elf's mineral eye primer, it's about as good as UDPP. (Urban Decay Primer Potion) my mom swears by benefits creaseless cream shadow. there are a lot out there. great bases by MAC, NYX, and the list goes on...oh, you can also use concealer and it's better than nothing. just make sure to add powder over the concealer to set. good luck and i hope this helps. 

I don't have any problems with creasing, blending, fading, etc...i can put my eyeshadow on, say monday, and it will still be there just like i put it on a day or two later! i know that's terrible not to have washed my face, but when i went into the hospital it looked like i had just done my makeup each morning, when i actually hadn't washed my face in a day or two! ick, i know! but when you are sick, and under other's care, you do what they say! lol so udpp has amazing staying power! God bless!

Latest posts

Back