What part of your makeup routine is the most pest-ish?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Definitely lip products.  I'm noooow getting into lip stuff so I don't have many.  I'm now working on it and no matter what I do, I spend alotta time on it.  Either I put too much lip gloss and need to tone it down, or the lip colour does not work with the overall look.  Not to mention midday when it disappears :/ ...sigh...then it needs reapplying.  I hate that.  That's why I was never into it.  Many times I don't walk with the lippy I used that day so I end up just putting on lip gloss.  That's another thing, I am not a fan of lip gloss.  I love how it looks and I will keep working on it, but geeze, I hate how that thing feels on my lips.  Especially some of MAC's glosses.  The really thick sticky ones.  Drives me nuts.  Anything sends you off your rockers?

Eyeliner. Ugh! My eyes are not symmetrical and one is a little droopier than the other so I have to even it out little by little. When it's finished you can't tell at all but on the bad days it can take me up to an hour to get it right (remove, reapply eyeshadow in the outer-v, reapply liner). Big pain in the butt.

Skin I think. It's not difficult really, I have pretty good skin, but it is the most time consuming part and I always want to do it right. Moisturizer, primer, foundation, concealer, powder, bronzer, blush, highlighter... all that just for my skin!! And then I still have to do brows, eyes and lips! LOL Luckily I'm a lipbalm only girl 99% of the time!!

I'm terrible at highlighting, blending eyeshadows, wearing bronzers.  I generally don't use those at all unless i'm going somewhere super fancy or special.  I do primer, foundation, I do my brows, I put on gel liner and mascara, some blush and lip colour and I'm good to go.  I need sleep more than applying more makeup. 

Tightlining. I have blonde lashes, so I have to do it. But I wish I could just throw on mascara and leave, when I'm in a rush. One wonders how I lived without cakeliners... :rolleyes: Everything else, though, I genuinely enjoy doing.

Originally Posted by kayleigh83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Skin I think. It's not difficult really, I have pretty good skin, but it is the most time consuming part and I always want to do it right. Moisturizer, primer, foundation, concealer, powder, bronzer, blush, highlighter... all that just for my skin!! And then I still have to do brows, eyes and lips! LOL Luckily I'm a lipbalm only girl 99% of the time!!

I think I need to face it that I'm a lip balm girl myself.  LOL

I actually hate e/s, hahaha previously I was just a coloured pencil person...just draw, lips stick and mascara..and go.  After I discovered mineral makeup i began to invest in diff colours of e/s and blushers cos they are so gorgeous.  I need to face it that actually im scared of putting diff colours of e/s and they not turning up to my expectation due to wrong application and poor blending skills.  I am still learning the art of makeup thru MUT and makeup tuts.     

My eyeliner!  UGH!!!!! I use a clay pot liner which I love but you need precision skills to get it on evenly.  I'm still playing around with that.

Eyebrows are the hardest part for me.  Getting them to look perfect is an art form.  Hopefully one day I'll get it figured out.

For me its eyebrows and eyeliner, In the end it comes out good,  but i take the most time on those 2.

Blush. I'm not a big fan of blush because i already spend so much time hiding my rosacea, but i always apply too much or not enough or not the way i wanted, or i just forgot to clean it after contouring as i use the same angled brush for bronzer and blush. *eyeroll*  The lesson in this is to never apply face products before i've had cafeine.

I hate putting on mascara. I think I have very difficult eyelashes and they stick together like mad! I've tried many different mascaras but it's always the same. A few months ago I could benefit from a mini mascara that I had, washed it and now I use it to comb my lashes with it after I put mascara on.

Other thing is foundation. But I rarely wear it, I just don't feel like dealing with it atm. Still searching for the perfect one.

I hate putting on foundation. I get it done quickly (full coverage w/in maybe 2 minutes), but not always perfectly because my skin is dry & flaky underneath, and yet it gets very oily throughout the day. My skin drives me nuts! Plus, I'm always between shades with foundation. I'm never the LIGHTEST shade, but I'm never dark enough for the next shade up.

Oh, and I suck at shaping my brows myself, so I get them threaded.

Originally Posted by StakeEdward /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I hate putting on foundation. I get it done quickly (full coverage w/in maybe 2 minutes), but not always perfectly because my skin is dry & flaky underneath, and yet it gets very oily throughout the day. My skin drives me nuts! Plus, I'm always between shades with foundation. I'm never the LIGHTEST shade, but I'm never dark enough for the next shade up.

Mix em! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have the same problem.

I've only found one foundation in my years of searching that somewhat matches my skintone (L'Oreal True Match in Porcelain), but it doesn't really get along with my oily skin :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am yet to find my perfect shade of foundation.  I get really really close shades that 'seem' to work sometimes, but not the best match.  Still on the hunt.

Originally Posted by StakeEdward /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh man, me too! I dread putting on foundation. I can never find the right shade so I always end up looking...off. Annette had a good suggestion about mixing; I might try that! The shade is the least of my problems, though. I get the same flakiness that you mentioned even if I exfoliate beforehand, moisturize, and use a primer. I have combination skin. What I have found that works best is a tinted moisturizer. It comes the closest to the "dewy complexion" look. I still find some flakiness and uneven patches but it's nowhere near as bad as with a regular foundation (liquid or powder). Have you tried that?

Back