Knock-Off Purses

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What does everyone think of knock-off purses? They are everywhere these days...Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Fendi,Dior, Balenciaga etc.

you mean fakies? i think theyre good, since most people cant afford the real thing. i have a fakie LV and i love it. most ppl cant tell the difrence anyway.

i don't know. i'm on the fence.

i do like designer purses and have a real LV and want other designer ones, so it kills me to see all the fakes around. especially all the obvious fakes that are like these crazy colors and shapes and everything. it's like people say, "oh i see people have things like this" and buy them. it's like the don't have the "appreciation" of the real designers and make/materials for the real bags. so it makes the real ones look kind of tacky since all we see are the same types of designs everywhere. and then you have people thinking the real one you have is FAKE!

plus there are the people that make fakes and try to sell them as full price to unknowing people. but then that is the buyer's fault also for not doing reaserach nowadays.

i do understand that not everyone has enough money to buy designer bags all of the time or even one. so that's what makes it hard. cause i know that i can't buy any right now. the one that i have is a gift.

i admit that i do want some replica bags that aren't the monogram prints. they're ones that people don't know about in my area. and i don't have $ to buy the real ones. but i think i would still feel awkward about having a fake.

Long sorry. lol

Some of the fakes are made so great though...that you can't tell they are fakes. I have a Dior purse that is exactly like the real one, you can't even tell it's a knock off and I have Louis Vuitton that looks exactly like the real ones. I don't feel bad holding a fake at all, it feels good to know I paid like $40 bucks for a purse that looks exactly the same as someone who's holding the real one that cost them $2000.

That's true Charmaine! If you lose it, you can't freak out too much, as opposed to losing a $2000 purse...I think I'd go crazy!!!:icon_roll

It is difficult for must to lay down that much $$ for a bag. I wish that I could but unfortunately it isn't going to happen very often. I'm not into the monogrammed bags so I wouldn't buy a real one let alone a fake.

My sister has a really nice fakie. I want it!

if it looks completly fake then i might not get it unless its just really cute! I have tons of fake LV and some burburry ones and a gucci one that looks exactly like the real one in and out!

If i was rich as id be alittle pissy, but there ok i jsut got a really awsome Christian Dior purse for $40 and Im happy with it. I hat ewhen poeple ask if there real or not, Howeva i do have sum peaces that are real.

I don't like counterfeit purses, shoes, jeans, etc. It's illegal to sell and buy them. I understand a lot of people can't afford to shell out several hundred bucks for a purse, but I'd rather wait and save for it. It makes it that much more special.

I know it's illegal, but tons of people do it!!!! Most people don't want to spend their whole paycheck on one purse when they can get the knockoff for like $50 bucks. So I think fakes are great!!

You can tell the difference if you know what to look for. Some of the LV purses are pretty good knockoffs. I saw a lady carrying a Kate Spade. I told her what a nice Kate Spade she has. She said it was real. I didn't have the heart to tell her that the Kate Spade on the outside is never glued on. She was happy though. :icon_cool The quality of leather is also a giveaway. An LV is easy to spot by looking at the handles.

i dunno. people think that it looks similar enough to the real ones, but they really don't. you really have to do your research when you buy one.

If you know the right people, you can get fake purses that look EXACTLY like the real ones down to the bone!!

I guess I am misunderstanding this post. I thought a "knockoff" was a handbag based on an original but with enough subtle differences to not be mistaken for a real one and a fake was an exact replica of the original made with cheaper materials. I have an alma handbag that is based on the black Murkami but it could never be taken for a real bag because it doesn't have the LV on it. I purchased it because I like the colors and style but would never pay $$$ for the real thing because it will be too dated in a few years.

Back