Stretch marks are killing me!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you tried Mederma for scars? It may help to reduce the appearance of your stretch marks. I know there are products geared for expectant/new mothers that are to prevent and reduce the appearance of stretch marks, but I there are so many that I don't recall all the names. If your stretch marks are as severe as they sound, you may want to give Mederma a try. You can find Mederma at Walmart, Target and most drugstores and it's found in the same area as Neosporin and Band-Aids. I hope this helps! 
biggrin.gif

For the most part all I've been able to find is that prevention is the only/best way...which is keeping a lot of moisture in your skin to preserve elasticity, especially if an area is growing.  (Kind of hard though since you never know until after the fact that you get them -- and sometimes it can take weeks or months of damage before the marks actually show up on the surface of the skin.)

All of the products out there have a chance of doing some minor help, so it doesn't hurt to try them out.  (Especially since a lot of them are just over the counter creams)  But they're probably not going to be a radical change, even if there is improvement.  Good luck though, if you find anything, let us know!

short of surgery, try mederma and keep the areas well moisturized.  Creams with zinc in them are good, because it allows the skin to stretch easier, preventing further marks.

when you are out in the sun you should wear a good sunscreen so they don't get any darker. 

I'm white and my stretch marks are white white, no pigmentation and they stand out pretty good too, i've had them since puberty and used to be really self conscious of them until i got older.  They stand out more in the summer, because they don't tan.

To be honest, nearly everyone has them, even guys, so what you see on yourself probably is not as bad as you think. I don't notice them on my friends until they point them out and even then they aren't scary to look at, just nature.  

Retin A has been shown to have some benefit. Active ingredient is Tretinoin.

You need a doctor's prescription - a family doctor can help you out.

We have a bio oil or something I always see on commercial but I have heard that it only works if you keep using it. I was curious so I did some browsing and the only other suggestion I can find is not to wear tight fitting clothes it will make them worse. Prevention of any more is your best bet exercise , eat foods high in vitamin E, add it to lotion high in cocoa and shea butter, I also read olive oil helps.

Hi

you can try my suggestion for stretch marks

Home Remedy For Stretch Marks Removal

·         A simple home remedies for stretch marks, but would effectively lavender oil on the marks, three times a day to apply.

[SIZE=12pt]·         [/SIZE]Another home remedy would be to apply aloe vera gel on the stamps. They would first facilitate and then remove the tags from the body[SIZE=12pt].[/SIZE]

·         Prepare a mixture by adding seven drops of lavender oil and a few drops of chamomile essential oil to one ounce of carrier oil (avocado, almond or jojoba oil). Use it to massage the affected area.

·         Contains a lot of greens, tomatoes, dairy products and liver in the diet.

·         Eat nuts and seeds contain zinc. They will prove effective in removing stretch marks.

·         In a blender mix ½ cup olive oil ¼ cup aloe vera gel, liquid from 6 capsules of vitamin E and liquid from 4 capsules of Vitamin A. Keep it in a container and place it in the refrigerator.

·         Apply this mixture while stretch marks appear.

·         aromatic oil is useful for treating stretch marks problem. Apply some oil on the track marks and massage well.

·         Rub the area with apricot scrub. This is probably the stretch marks and remove.

·         Cocoa butter is helpful in the treatment of stretch marks. Apply twice daily, morning and evening to the affected area. This will help to remove marks.

·Listen

·Read phonetically

These will ligthen and fade.  But, consistancy is the key.  Don't be too anxious and give up, the marks will be sure to stay.  I had success with Excel Skin Care's all purpose cream which works well for scars as well. 

I still use their products, mainly the anti aging serums.  They sell on Amazon and that well the lower prices are. 

Yep, Excel has a great all purpose cream.  I used it for My stretch marks twice a day and got results. 

I have stretch marks, most people do (both men and women). You can use maderma or other such creams that minimize the appearance, but just learn to live with, and accept those marks. They are now part of you, and there is nothing to be ashamed of.

I have some issues with stretch marks as well as a scar from surgery 1 year ago that is approx 10 inches long.  I have been using Bio-Oil for about a month and a half and and it is lightening my scar some and lessening the appearance of stretch marks.  It is also GREAT for my dry skin! You do have to keep up with it to get results and it is a bit expensive, I use it twice a day.  A little bit goes a long way though I definitely recommend it

I too have stretch marks and always just figured I had to live with them.  After reading some of these posts I think I'm going to look into some options for lightening them as well.  But I have to agree with Meltopia..they are a part of you and you shouldn't be ashamed, really!  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Had the same problem when i was pregnant. This is what worked for me; lays a cold rag on your belly. Don't scratch it only makes it worse. Also tons and tons of lotion 

Almost everyone out there have stretch marks so try not let it get to you. There are many ways to reduce stretch marks but they are most effective only if you catch it early.

You can use a self-tanner to minimize the appearance of stretch marks. Make sure to exfoliate first, it will give you better results.

I think the first thing to do is accept the fact that you'll never completly get rid of them - and don't worry - we are all in the same boat!

They will naturally fade over time and you can use products that will help with the fading. Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, Rosehip and Vitamin E oils are all known to help reduce scars over time with regular use. Persistance is the key!

Massaging oils/butters in is also good for circulation which will help prevent new ones from coming in.

Ok first off, they probably aren't as bad as you think. I think it's the sort of thing where you notice your own flaws and other people probably don't even see it! However, if you're self-conscious about it, I have a couple of suggestions. Some poeple mentioned the Bio-Oil and I've read in magazines that it's a good option. I think you can find it any drugstore, or WalMart type place. The other option is a cream I've heard good things about called Mama Mio Stretch Mark Butter. I'm not sure where you live, but if you're in Canada I know you can find it on www.ebeauty.ca for a reasonable price. I don't think I would spend money on laser treatments before trying one of the at-home or store-bought remedies.

Try pure, raw Coconut Oil, Castor Oil and Shea or Cocoa Butter. Its best to use them in its pure/ raw form; rub them on your stretch marks several times a day.

Back