Blind Pimple

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My boyfriend swears he has a "blind pimple". To me, it looks like a swollen raised red spot.

Anyone else ever had one? If so, how did you treat it?

I get those but not often.  They are so deep that they never surface to a white head but it swells up and turns red and then it leaves the biggest dark spot!   My husband says he is getting one now.  I use Mario Badescu drying cream.  It works and disappears after a couple of applications.  I usually put it on at night. 

I have a HUGE HUGE HUGE one on my chin right now. exfoliation is the only thing that sort of helps, but they are the DEVIL. like divadoll said they leave the biggest dark spots that last forever.

I had to look up what a blind pimple is lol. So it's a cystic pimple that doesn't form a head, right?

When I had them nothing worked to prevent them, only a certain kind of birth control pill that is higher in estrogen than others and therefore specifically prescribed for acne. To treat them, a prescription antibiotic gel worked somewhat by shortening it's lifespan

Every single one of them left a stubborn dark mark behind, so if I ever get them again I will freak out cause the marks were so hard to get rid!!!

I have normal skin and it works well.  It's a localized cream so you just put it on the pimple.  I don't see it not working on other types of skin, it is acne treatment. 

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoveYukiko /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does Mario Badescu drying cream work on all skin types?

I'm starting to think that he is having ingrown hairs, and not "blind pimples". He just sprouted another one, and this too is near his jaw line.

I have a decent home remedy to help clear them up - thanks for responding everyone.

Yeah, thats exactly what i was thinking. Ive had ingrown hairs before, & it hurts. How do you treat one of those anyways? Ive been wanting to know. I just put a warm compress on it. Everytime Ive gotten one of those they leave scars, especially on my face! Thats the worse.  

This is the recipe I know of:

1 aspirin, a few drops of water and a drop of glycerin.

Crush aspirin and mix to a paste.

Rub into ingrown hairs - suppose to work great in both bikini and facial areas.

Back