QOTD February 22, 2011 what could be the most offensive word someone could say to you?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^ Agreed.  That c-word is soooo commonly used in Trinidad and means sooo many different things that saying it (alone) doesn't offend me anymore.  It's when they put certain words before and after that word that really really offend me.

liar.  or something against my intelligence.

curse words are generic words that people use for everything, especially when they can't come up with anything better.  But if you're saying something directly about me, my personality, my demeanor, my person, then it pushes more than a few buttons.

Poser.

I have made a point with my life to be my own person. I work daily to create my own normal & to be comfortable being me & not someone else. It would really hurt to be called a poser for me.

Calling me Ignorant.  The C-word doesn't bother me because it is a word meant to be offensive so it has no power over me.

I can't stand when someone uses the word "retard". I truly believe that if one chooses to use that word, it makes them look relatively tactless and banal. Retarded people actually cannot help how they are, but those that use the word "retard" religiously can and should. If only closed minds, came with closed mouths.

I despise being called skinny. I'm naturally very slim and I do not diet or starve myself to be this way. Being called skinny, to me, implies that people think I am anorexic or unhealthy. I get pretty wound up when anyone says it to me.

Originally Posted by Annelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

curse words are generic words that people use for everything, especially when they can't come up with anything better.  But if you're saying something directly about me, my personality, my demeanor, my person, then it pushes more than a few buttons.
I agree! Curse words don´t affect me at all, I´d find it rather funny if someone thinks they can piss me off by calling me a sl*t, bit*h or something along those lines.

Calling me stupid would hurt my feelings most (childhood trauma lol)

Originally Posted by Annelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Exactly this.  Curse words are absolutely generic - they're mostly used by ignorant people who can't aren't smart enough to be witty.  But cutting me by calling me a liar or implying that I'm stupid makes me see red.

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Calling me Ignorant.  The C-word doesn't bother me because it is a word meant to be offensive so it has no power over me.

I agree with this

Originally Posted by Tony-admin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

QOTD Februay 22, 2011   This is a curious question, what could be the most offensive word someone could say to you?
I think any word can offend you. It depends on how it is said. Do you think one should also offend offender?

Likewise with the C U Next Tuesday.  It's vulgar and akin to a slap in the face.

Latest posts

Back