Any suggestions for a drug-store daily conditioner?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For fine, dry, coloured hair? Well, it's happened. L'Oreal seems to have DC'd my HG, cheap conditioner and replaced it with some new line. I know the new stuff is on sale, but I'm looking to branch out. If worst comes to worst... I'll guess I'll just go for Klorane? Anyone got any favourites? No Pantene Pro V or Aussie 3 Minute Miracle suggestions, please!

Garnier conditioner from it's Damage line is awesome, I used it for several months and it really restored my hair. I would still be using it, but I switched to something that was more for colored hair.

Dove. Stay away from Klorane ! Very bad stuff, whenever i tried one of their products the feeling i had of them is dried out hair, and unfinished formulas. Considering the price they charge, you can find something better elsewhere.

Dove. Stay away from Klorane ! Very bad stuff, whenever i tried one of their products the feeling i had of them is dried out hair, and unfinished formulas. Considering the price they charge, you can find something better elsewhere.
eh, I quite like the Chamomile & dry shampoo... :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm using Pantene right now. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> But have used the Garnier Fructis for colored hair and like that one. My sister uses the Garnier Fructis Sleek and wow, does her hair shine!

The drugstore brand that I've seen the most positive reviews for is the Herbal Essence Color Me Happy, for color treated hair, but haven't tried it yet.

I have dry, fine colored hair too and I keep trying other conditioners but keep coming back to Tres Semme thermal recovery. Nothing seems to moisturize and soften my hair as well. It makes my hair so silky and is only around $4.

my favorite is Hello Hydration by Herbal Essense, so far it's the only thing that works on my hair and my hair has been through alot.

Yes I second Herbal Essence I am using the long term relationship atm and love that it smells like rasberries. My hair is shiny and feels great so it's as good as the salon brands in my books!!

Originally Posted by jeanarick /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have dry, fine colored hair too and I keep trying other conditioners but keep coming back to Tres Semme thermal recovery. Nothing seems to moisturize and soften my hair as well. It makes my hair so silky and is only around $4.
I'm a big Tresumme fan as well.  Also major love to Infusium 23.  It's the only conditioner that stops my hair from getting those annoying tangles around the nape of my neck.

I'm a big fan of Herbal Essences as well! I really love the Yes to Cucumbers shampoo and conditioner. It's formulated for processed hair...and it goes towards a good cause! YAY!

Yeesh, gotta say you're missing out on the new Pantene line, that's exactly what I was gonna suggest! I don't know if you have tried the new formulas... the old ones were "meh" at best for me, but the new volume boosting shampoo/conditioner for coloured hair works AWESOME for me. Just a thought! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Other than that I like the L'Oreal Everpure volumizing one!

Pantene always dries my hair out badly. I've been using Nexxus Color Ensure, which at $13 a bottle isn't cheap, but it's excellent for color treated hair. It's the only thing that keeps my hair from turning to straw, and you can get it at Walmart.

I agree w/Pantene.. its the only conditioner that I dont need a TON of to even work through my hair.. its thicker.. and those other thinner conditioners.. my hair will eat up and spit back out.  For leave ins though.. I love Garnier Fructis.. Idk.. I guess my hair gets a lot of tangles lol.

Oh I had to stop using Dove.. it was one of the thinner type conditioners that didnt want to work w/my hair but I liked it a lot..
frown.gif

Back