Target + OPI + Clearance.... WHAT?!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I stopped by Target today to pick up some essentials, and I was walking past the nail section when the red CLEARANCE stickers caught my eye. What do I see there? NbyOPI, Sinful, Essie and.... OPI! Whaaaat? For god knows what reason, there was a shelf full of OPIs in pinks reds and mauves all on clearance for $2.12 each. I stood there for a minute trying to figure out how they got there, and more importantly why are they so cheap?! I still don't know why they were there, but I figure they were on clearance because these are all old colors and every bottle had a scuff on either the handle or the bottle itself. I double checked a few bottles (including these ones) and they are legit OPIs, nothing wrong with the polish itself! I grabbed two, Royal Flush Blush and Bubble Bath (I needed a new one anyways).

Thought I'd share... go check your local targets! Maybe they got an "accidental" shipment of these too :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Maybe they'd been returned? Sometimes I theorize that's what happens to polishes that get returned, because I sometimes see the same polish color and have one polish be on clearance and the rest be normally priced. Anyone work at a grocery store who can confirm/deny?

Originally Posted by StakeEdward /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Maybe they'd been returned? Sometimes I theorize that's what happens to polishes that get returned, because I sometimes see the same polish color and have one polish be on clearance and the rest be normally priced. Anyone work at a grocery store who can confirm/deny?

That would make sense, except Target doesnt even carry regular OPI (only Nicole by OPI), and even if they did, what are the odds that someone would return 20+ bottles of pinks reds and mauves that are all scuffed and now on clearance

Target isn't an authorized OPI seller, so they buff of the serial numbers. A few other drugstores do that, too. It may be they're just clearing out their stock for something new.

I see OPI at my Target all the time. How do they get their supply, since they're not authorized sellers?

And yeah, that would be odd that 20 bottles would be on clearance...

If you have a ShopKo near you try there. I picked up a few Nicole OPI polishes for less than $2 a bottle!

My Target has had OPIs for awhile too, but yeah, they are all reds, pinks, and mauves. *yawn* Even so, if they are clearanced out, I should pick up one or two, for like when I need "office appropriate" colors.

I saw these at target too and I was soo excited but then I realized they were just plain reds and pinks and didn't buy any.

I saw the regular O.P.I. at Target today and I was shocked. Not the Nicole by O.P.I. but the regular salon O.P.I. and they had all the reds, pinks, blues, greens... I was shocked. They were $8.50.

OPI doesn't sell to stores like Fred Meyer, Target, ShopKo, etc. If you ever notice on those bottles the serial numbers are sanded off. It's a "gray" market according to them.

Back