Professional Artists: Need your Opinion on Makeup Gift Bags for the Bride

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I thought I'd ask your thoughts/opinions on a question regarding bridal makeup. I'd like to put together small makeup gift bags for my bridal clients. I've been saving my samples (un-opened of course) that I get from sephora, and was thinking about putting them in a gift bag along with some other goodies.

Is this cheesy or cheap do you think? Also where could I buy mini lip glosses that aren't considered "cheap" or shadows, etc. that I could include in the bag that could be used in the bag for touch ups or even the next morning? I'd like to include goodies that won't break my bank, but won't be considered "cheap"? Or do you think the whole idea is a waste?

What's everyone's thoughts? Thanks!

I absolutely LOVE this idea! I think it's a great way to promote yourself and to keep them coming back for more. I would buy a couple of gift sets at Sephora and break them down and use them. Sometimes they have really good deals online as well. You could put things in their such as travel brushes and small samples of skin care products.

I too think that is a great idea. Sephora and Ulta have the great gift sets. Good Luck!

Ok thanks everyone! I'm glad you liked the idea :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Feel free to steal away! lol. And thanks also for the tips about the Sephora gift sets. I didn't knw they made gift sets, so I'll have to check it out. (for as much as I go in there you would think I'd know about it LOL). thx again!

I'm confused. Are you giving your bride a touch up set as a service bonus or a gift because she's getting married? I think a touch up set is a nice idea to leave her with samples of the colors you used for her wedding look. Im not sure what her reference will be for unrelated makeup. Now if you did a makeup demo on somebody and are giving them things to experiment with as a gift, I would understand that. But both should be bonuses they get for working with you, but you really charge them for. It is a business after all...

I love the idea. I always give my brides in small jars additional lipstick / gloss. so they can touch up. If I know that they will be dancing all night I also give a few blot sheets. They all love it. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> it is considerate of the MUA but not mandatory. 

great idea I give  my brides a small makeup bag with a sample jar of the lip color for touchups, mints and some other little treats for her, samples would be a great addition. Great customer service, they love it and rave about you to their friends, a nice way to get referrals for future business and them to re-book you for future makeup needs.

Latest posts

Back