BROKEN Hard candy Blush Crush - Baked Blush will rubbing alcohol fix it ?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i read some where that rubbing alcohol will fix broken eyeshadows will this work on hard candy's baked blush pleaseee tell me thanks !!!

I'm not sure but I've fixed eyeshadows with rubbing alcohol before. If it's a powder like an eyeshadow, I would think it would work. If you can't figure anything else out, you may as well try it before you throw it out. Have you tried a Google search?

It'd probably be easier just to crush it all up and put it in a jar with a shaker top and use it as a loose powder blush.  I've never tried to re-press blush and I know re-pressing shadows only make more of a mess than a fix. 

I'm with Diva. Whenever something breaks (especially mineral products), I just crush it up and put it in a jar. I tried repressing a MSF once and the texture changed, so using it loose is a better option imo.

i agree with lolab and divadoll, with the baked cosmetics, you are better off using it loose.  If you repress it, likely it will leave a very heavy application.

I re-pressed a broken MAC shadow once with rubbing alcohol, and it worked, but the texture was never really the same again after that.  I don't recommend it - everyone else is right, just crush it up and use it as a loose blush.

I guess with me, I re-pressed a few NYX shadows with rubbing alcohol, and although it wasn't as "pretty" in the jar as when they're new, it seemed to still work just the same. Maybe if you like pressed blushes better, you can crush it entirely, and then take a small sample amount and try the alcohol method...if it still works well with the small amount re-pressed, then you can just re-crush and re-press the entire thing without worries...but if it doesn't, then you've only lost a small amount for the test? Either way, let us know how it goes, because there might be someone else out there who might benefit from what you ended up doing and how it turned out.

It works for me with eyeshadows. I also repressed a bronzer that worked fine. I would suggest trying it out, crush it all into a fine powder first. Good luck & let us know how it turns out for you.

Back