Joining The Pink Mary Kay Bubble

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Starting a Mary Kay business is a wonderful opportunity for anyone that has a passion for helping others while making money at the same time.  Why keep working at the same dead end job making someone else's dreams come true when you can make your Dreams Come True by doing what you love!  The quality of the products are amazing and the support system is incredible so its all up to you on how far you want to go with Mary Kay.

Ah, Mary Kay. I wish their schemes actually worked (and that I liked their makeup & skincare, which I don't). It would be nice to sell makeup for a living out of my own home. I have had 3 friends now get sucked into it and fail at selling MK products because it's such a rip-off. Then they were told that they only failed because they didn't put enough time into it. Yeah, whatever.

Also, I don't think you're supposed to post just to advertise your MK site?

Originally Posted by StakeEdward /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ah, Mary Kay. I wish their schemes actually worked (and that I liked their makeup & skincare, which I don't). It would be nice to sell makeup for a living out of my own home. I have had 3 friends now get sucked into it and fail at selling MK products because it's such a rip-off. Then they were told that they only failed because they didn't put enough time into it. Yeah, whatever.
What happened to your three friends is EXACTLY what happened to me - I lost a ton of money after I sunk it into a Mary Kay "business".  It's a total rip off, and the products aren't that good.  And I was told the same thing - that it didn't work because I didn't work hard enough at it and that I was "scared" of success.  Suuuure, of course that's why! 
plthumbsdown.gif

Also, I don't think you're supposed to post just to advertise your MK site?
I don't think so, either.  But the MK directors who "mentor" the sales consultants pretty much pressure them to spam boards like this, among other things.  If you want to read some eye openers about what a MK business is really like, go to The Pink Truth - it's a website where a bunch of women who tried to run their own MK businesses post about their nightmare experiences. 

I like Mary Kay products, but the issue with selling is very simple, there are very few people out there that want nothing but Mary Kay and will continuously buy from you.

HI Sdeleon, if you'd like to advertise your Mary Kay products, please purchase a member's market place subscription. You can read here for more information! Thanks.

I think many of us could say "Look out!" or "Mary Kay is a cult!" or "It's a no-win situation" but the fact is... you probably won't listen. I have worked with many women who have asked for my help when they wanted to get out of the Mary Kay business. Mostly after they have "invested" a ton of money into in. Just a few things to be aware of:

* Everyone above you--the "management--makes money based on what you order, not what you sell. So they will encourage you to buy more. Don't fall for the "You need to have it on hand to make money".

* They introduce NEW things every 3 months--that's so you'll continue to buy stuff, helping management make money. Bottom line is... you don't make money unless you SELL stuff. 

* Your friends won't think of MK as your business. You actually become a threat. Just keep that in mind.

If you have any questions about the MK business (I was involved for over 8 years) feel free to ask!

Back