Lady Gaga's Born This Way Video

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I don't understand..generally i've liked all the songs with videos she's released and other songs without videos too.

I hated Born This Way.. the song was only mediocre.. very reminiscent of madonna, but the video was DISGUSTING to me.  Seriously the giving birth stuff was unnecessary.  Her dancing/choreography was just as bad.  Her skeleton makeup was the only thing interestingly well done, although it too was creepy.  

At fashion week in paris? she debuted her new song Government Hooker and i didn't think the song was very good. I listened to it a couple of times and it didn't catch on.  What happened Gaga?  In comparison to her other music this stuff is just not the same..and i don't expect to like all of her music, but she is drastically grotesquely different.  Does anyone else see this?

Nope. I haven't seen that video yet but I've liked all her songs so far. And I don't find born this way to be all that similar to Ms songs. I still love her.

Ok, just seen it. I really could have gone without the birthing part. Although I did find her dancing around in the tux and skeleton makeup to be hilarious!

...and the zombie boy dancing with her...well, that's his real face. He's tatted all over. Check it out: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rick-Genest-Zombie-Boy/232724854589

Born this Way is a great song. Although one may compare Express Yourself (and I agree, there are some similarities in the melody around the chorus line, as the keys are relatively similar), Born This Way is a completely different tune with a different message. Lady Gaga is not entirely original, however; the banality she does express through her music, works. I remember being a child and when Express Yourself came out, people would say Madonna ripped off Marilyn Monroe, etc. It's almost as if real originality is hard to find anymore in popular music.

I think the video is so bizarre, but so are many of Lady Gaga's videos. I never pay attention to her videos, as they are nothing in comparison to her music. I do enjoy her music and find her to be incredibly talented. She's scandelous in a good way and you always wonder what she is going to do next.

that's crazy! i couldn't ever tattoo my face..but the artist did a great job..

i remember a member on this forum posted a similar skeleton look around halloween, it was like this and pretty neat.

as for the video, i tried to look the meaning up, and came across some really strange theories..

here is one break down that was interesting to say the least, plus other weird stuff: http://vigilantcitizen.com/musicbusiness/lady-gagas-born-this-way-the-illuminati-manifesto/

so then i went to youtube and searched "born this way analysis" and came up with a bunch more crazy stuff.  i watched a few of the videos and was really disturbed..so i stopped, i didn't want her to be totally ruined for me.

Originally Posted by Johnnie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nope. I haven't seen that video yet but I've liked all her songs so far. And I don't find born this way to be all that similar to Ms songs. I still love her.

Ok, just seen it. I really could have gone without the birthing part. Although I did find her dancing around in the tux and skeleton makeup to be hilarious!

...and the zombie boy dancing with her...well, that's his real face. He's tatted all over. Check it out: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rick-Genest-Zombie-Boy/232724854589

I'm still yet to see it.  I must say I have lost a lot of interest in her.  I used to count down the days for her video and single releases.  Now?  I know it's out but there is not big deal or rush to see it.  I don't like Born This Way and don't see the big deal in the song.  But that's me. I agree Pumpkincat in the fact that her music sounds a bit different but I think she on a whole has changed.  Before I found her super sexy in her leotards and stuff....now?  She has lost her tan and is so skinny I feel sorry for her and wish someone would just give her a plate of food.  I think, she is moving away from different to more...weird?  I dunno the right word, but I have very little interest in her now.

yes, she's been getting thinner and thinner and looking very tired.. it's not good compared to the way she used to look, she needs to take a serious break.    I remember last summer she admitted she still used cocaine a "a few times a year" and more recently she smokes a lot of pot when she writes music. and she drinks.  i cringe. I know that most cocaine users don't use it "a few times a year", but habitually, its very addictive.  i see the other celebrities that have gone down that road and ruin their careers, and gaga is admitting to still use in interviews?!  thats such a bad message to send your fans, especially the younger crowd.  i know that cocaine is worse than pot, but both are illegal and do ruin people's lives. I hope she finds some solid ground to stand on and take a look at her life and all that could be lost.

Originally Posted by llehsal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm still yet to see it.  I must say I have lost a lot of interest in her.  I used to count down the days for her video and single releases.  Now?  I know it's out but there is not big deal or rush to see it.  I don't like Born This Way and don't see the big deal in the song.  But that's me. I agree Pumpkincat in the fact that her music sounds a bit different but I think she on a whole has changed.  Before I found her super sexy in her leotards and stuff....now?  She has lost her tan and is so skinny I feel sorry for her and wish someone would just give her a plate of food.  I think, she is moving away from different to more...weird?  I dunno the right word, but I have very little interest in her now.

I didn't think born this way was as strong as some of her other songs. The video was way too over the top. The only bit I liked was the skeleton makeup. Otherwise, it was just another video of Lady Gaga in her underwear and some back up dancers, some uncomfortable clips, and lots of "look at me choosing to look ugly because I think mainstream is so overrated".

I liked early lady gaga, she pushed the limits and was a little weird and was fun and different. Impractical shoes, razor sunglasses, literal hair bows, fun makeup, and even the rule against pants was all great. Now I don't think she is relate-able anymore. Especially recently with the showing up inside an egg carried around by painted models, weird shoulder prosthetics, referring to herself as Mother Monster. Is she trying to say that we are inferior because we are human and she is some superior freakture that only the used and abused can relate to? I wish she was a little bit more real and acted less like she was raised by the whole cast of Tim Burton's interpretation of Cirque du Soleil.

Overall, I think she's wonderful, but I wish she'd stop the drug usage.

I enjoy her music for the most part, her best songs are wonderful, but like any musician, some are nowhere near her best. I think a lot of her weirdness is done tongue in cheek, but she may be getting a little caught up in her own hype, can't say for sure. I didn't care for the birthing sequence in Born This Way either, and I thought the pointy shoulder prosthetics were just weird.

Latest posts

Back