No Buy until Graduate School!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
 I just joined this forum and I'm so amazed by all of your persistence! I'm so bad when it comes to buying makeup. I'll buy it when I go for consultations and stuff at Nordstrom and I'll think "that looks so good" and then I'll never wear it. So I have tons of eyeshadow and lipstick that I've either barely worn or never worn. So I decided I'm going to do a No-Buy as well! Mine is going to be none until graduate school-sounds like a long time, it's only until the end of August. Right now I'm a college student and I don't make much working as a research assistant, so I'm going to wait until I'm a GTA and I start making more money :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I can buy:

Foundation

Concealer

Moisturizer

Primer

I can't buy anything else. I talked to my roommates about it and they're thinking about doing it as well. We're planning on buying our last item (Kat Von D lipstick-we've been talking about trying this for a couple months) and then that's it. I'll keep everyone posted on the stuff I manage to use up every month. No more makeup-buying until August! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I agree with you and your choices! I really don't like people that wear blush, eyeshadow, bronzers, lipliner, or lipstick on an everyday basis; it's just not necessary and only appropriate at parties or large functions. However, I don't think I'd be able to live without my eyeliner and vaseline.

This'll sound really spammy but here's something that I found on the internet and have been following for almost six months: Use vaseline on your eyelashes, and I SWEAR by god that they'll grow thicker, longer, or both! I don't really need mascara because I have natural black eyelashes, but I thought this was the coolest thing in the world because you can buy a jar of vaseline for like three bucks at walmart and it'll last like at least six months!

Good luck though
biggrin.gif

The reason why I didn't put eyeliner down is because I have so much unopened eyeliner right now, it's ridiculous. I've never tried using vaseline for mascara, I'll give it a shot! But yeah, I don't wear bronzer and don't really wear eyeshadow or any of that on a regular basis. I do wear blush, but that's about it. I have really pale skin, so if I don't, I look dead haha. I'm looking forward to giving it a shot and giving all the stuff that I have right now a try.

Thanks for the support :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

No problem! And how you need blush to not look dead is how I need eyeliner to give myself a fresher look. I have tried wearing blush before, but I look really weird with it on, and I don't go for the brown tones or bronzers because I already have high cheekbones, so it's really not a necessity.

Good luck on your no-buy!  I'm starting one too, and it's great that we have a forum where we can encourage each other.

I'm so proud haha, my friend is getting married, so we had to go to Sephora and get some stuff because she's planning on doing her own makeup. I went to Sephora, looked at everything and contemplated buying something and I totally didn't! It's really a lame thing to be proud of, but there was so much cool stuff on sale :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

In other news, I had this unworn and unopened coral lipstick from a Clinique Bonus that I got last year and it was so awesome! There was no need to really buy anything anyway, because I just found one of my new favorite colors :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Good luck on your no buy!!

How often do you buy concealer, foundation, and primer?  I guess for me I never finish a jar of concealer (it usually gets too old and I just have to replace it) and primer takes months to go through a bottle.  Foundation takes me at least 6 months (I've got a few different foundations I use though).  I don't think I buy any of those all too often throughout the year.  Moisturizer I go through faster, but maybe it's because I use that religiously at least twice a day, lol.

You've got 5 months until August!  Good luck!!

Concealer and primer I buy every six months, so it won't be an issue, foundation usually lasts about three months, I only use one kind, so I'll have to replace that once and moisturizer also goes fast, although the new one I'm using doesn't seem to get used up as fast, it's the Korres Yogurt one. It's awesome. Thanks for the support!

So I tried this sample I had been meaning to try out of Kat Von D's lipstick in homegirl. Awful. Maybe great for some skin tones, definitely not for mine. Well, at least that's something I've used up. Won't be buying that color haha

Latest posts

Back