For those who has gone to IMATS before

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
How much money do you think i should bring? I know its hard to tell but how much did you guys spend and what did you spend it on? I'm planning on going next month to the one in NY

OMGosh.  I have never been, but I really wanted to be there in April.  Plans did not come to fruition however.  I know there are certain youtubers that go every IMATS there is.  One I can name off the bat is Enkore Makeup.  He is on youtube, twitter and he has his own site.  Visit his page on youtube and there are a few videos well where he discusses his trips and gives information, advice and so forth.  I think another guru is Candee Johnson.  I'm not sure of the spelling of her name, but she is a YouTuber that goes to IMATS as well. I'm sure if you do a general search on youtube or even google it, you will get tonnes of info.  Keep us posted on if you do and surely let us know about your trip.

You are so lucky!  I don't live anywhere near an event like this.  I'm afraid I'd have to mortgage my house to be able to spend all I wanted!! LOL. Seriously, I think the smart thing is to only bring what you can afford to spend and not put yourself in a bind or cause any other areas of your life to suffer.  I know it's tough.  As women who love makeup we are easily lured in by the pretty shiny colors. Have fun and make sure to post some pictures of the goodies you get so we can see them!

Jeannine

Originally Posted by itzjackiiee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How much money do you think i should bring? I know its hard to tell but how much did you guys spend and what did you spend it on?

I'm planning on going next month to the one in NY

When I was at The Makeup Show last week, pretty much every booth was accepting credit cards, so I'd say bare minimum you want enough for parking, food, and one or two things in case their credit card machine isn't working (one booth was hand writing credit card numbers down because they couldn't get their machines to connect).  The cost really depends on what brand you're buying from though.

This is the first IMATS they are having in NY so I'm pretty excited about that.  I know I'm trying to budget what I need to buy as opposed to what I want.. because if I buy what I want, I'll be broke at the end of the day.  I want to enjoy the day by attending classes too and taking pictures  ^^.  

Originally Posted by jeanarick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You are so lucky!  I don't live anywhere near an event like this.  I'm afraid I'd have to mortgage my house to be able to spend all I wanted!! LOL. Seriously, I think the smart thing is to only bring what you can afford to spend and not put yourself in a bind or cause any other areas of your life to suffer.  I know it's tough.  As women who love makeup we are easily lured in by the pretty shiny colors. Have fun and make sure to post some pictures of the goodies you get so we can see them!

Jeannine

I check out the IMATS website to see which companies are going to be there and decide which one I'll check out.  Right now, I want to check out Yaby Cosmetics and Eve Pearl.  

Originally Posted by Annelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

When I was at The Makeup Show last week, pretty much every booth was accepting credit cards, so I'd say bare minimum you want enough for parking, food, and one or two things in case their credit card machine isn't working (one booth was hand writing credit card numbers down because they couldn't get their machines to connect).  The cost really depends on what brand you're buying from though.

I met both of them at the MakeUp Show.  If you want to see a bit of what they said about themselves, we've got the video interviews on our blog.

Yaby Cosmetics is here.

Oh, actually I just noticed they don't have the Eve Pearl video up yet, but I'm sure it'll be posted soon!

I agree to not bring more than you can afford.  As makeup geeks, all the pretty colors and new products can make any girl go gaga! (Just the Inglot booth alone could bankrupt me 
wink.gif
 )  I agree with the other posters that you should check out Youtube.  I've seen numerous videos from people who came back with a haul (soooo jealous). 

Is makeuptalk going to IMATS? It will be cool to meet over there. ^^ Yea i know for sure that I will be purchasing some Yaby Cosmetic Palettes. My hubby will be with me to control my spending lol.

I've heard great things about the Yaby Palette.  Make sure when you get back to post pics for us (yes, I live vicariously thru others especially where makeup is concerned lol.)  I do know that MUT was at IMATS in LA but I'm uncertain if NY is on that list too (I believe I did read somewhere that they were but don't quote me).  I'm sure as the time approaches you'll see all kinds of posts about it 
biggrin.gif

I cannot wait to go and of course I'll post some pics.  I would love to share my experience with everyone.  I'm the same way too... I love reading others' experience and I feel like I went there too and at the same time feel jealous hahahaha

Originally Posted by kikikinzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've heard great things about the Yaby Palette.  Make sure when you get back to post pics for us (yes, I live vicariously thru others especially where makeup is concerned lol.)  I do know that MUT was at IMATS in LA but I'm uncertain if NY is on that list too (I believe I did read somewhere that they were but don't quote me).  I'm sure as the time approaches you'll see all kinds of posts about it 
biggrin.gif

MakeupTalk is planning on going to IMATS in LA but it hasn't been finalized yet. It should be great fun!  We pounded the pavement at the MakeupShow in LA and got much editorial content located here.  We're planning on taking to a new level at IMATS.  Keep your eyes peeled :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">

haha how did you ever get him to say he'll go w you? im going to IMATS NY this year (finally they bring it here after so many years)

i dont have a budget yet as this is my 20th & 21st bday gift all rolled into one lol

Originally Posted by itzjackiiee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is makeuptalk going to IMATS? It will be cool to meet over there. ^^

Yea i know for sure that I will be purchasing some Yaby Cosmetic Palettes. My hubby will be with me to control my spending lol.

I don't know how I would fare going to one of these makeup shows.  I'd be too much in awe to do much of anything really :/

He probably won't understand the hype but hopefully he'll be supportive and just roll with it.  I'm sure you'd go to an auto show for him, right?  Same thing 
wink.gif

Yea he's supportive we went to sephora yesterday and he even asked me if i wanted something... Of course i did lol so he said to go buy whatever

LOL I think that $50-100 on makeup is still a bit cheaper than anything he'd want to buy at an autoshow!

Back