Contest - Giveaway: Win a Professional Hair Care Gift Box with Products worth over $400 (closed)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Contest - Giveaway: Win a Professional Hair Care Gift Box (Value $400) MakeupTalk and www.Misikko.com have teamed up to run a week long contest. Top Forum Posters get ready! 1 week contest only!

ONE lucky winner will receive the Professional Hair Care gift box with these products:
About Misikko: Located outside of Philadelphia, a city known for its creative - but practical! - approach to high style, Misikko emerged from a desire we share with many of you: to easily shop and compare the best professional styling tools & beauty products on the market. As beauty aficionados and savvy consumers, our goal is to help you learn about the tools of the trade so you can find the right salon tools & products at the right prices - whenever & wherever the mood strikes. For over eight years, we've been committed to seeking out the newest innovations in the hair & beauty industry. And we're picky, like our customers; we look for high quality products that deliver on their promises, and we'd love to hear from you about our collection! If you find a great product that you think we should know about, or just have a question or comment, please feel free to let us know. Thank you for shopping at Misikko - we look forward to serving you.

Contest Details:
  • Contest prizes: Win a Professional Hair Care Gift Box ($400 total value)
  • 1 week contest. March 13, 2011 7:00pm through 7:00pm March 20, 2011.

How do I enter? 
  • Mandatory Entries: Members must participate on the forums with LEGITIMATE Forum Threads/Posts (excluding posts the Fun Zone - Jokes/Forum Games) during the contest period.  We will be randomly choosing a winner out of the top 10 posters during this contest.
    Minimum 5 words in each post, words have to make sense and relevant to the subject.
  • What do we view as a Legitimate post? A legitimate post would be considered any posts that adds value to the thread. You must engage in the conversation of each thread you post in. Posts cannot just method to increase your post count.  No one word answers. Please just try to join in the conversations.
  • Example of Posts that are NOT legitimate: "hi" or "no" or "2" or "Thanks". Engage in beauty, skin care, makeup, cosmetics discussions
  • Posts CANNOT come from Fun Zone - Jokes/Forum Games
[*] Bonus Entries are good for an additional 10 "posts" towards being in the top 10.  In order to be eligible for a bonus entry, You MUST post your Facebook/Twitter profile link in this thread for verification purposes BEFORE the end of the contest to earn your bonus.  Each bonus is good for 10 extra posts (for a total of 20 possible bonus posts) towards your post count for the purposes of this contest.  Bonus entries are optional and not required to win.

• Bonus Entry: Follow @misikko AND @MakeupTalk on Twitter [SIZE= 12px](both must be followed, profile link must be posted in this thread)[/SIZE]
  • Bonus Entry: Like Misikko AND MakeupTalk on Facebook [SIZE= 12px]([/SIZE]both must be followed, profile link must be posted in this thread[SIZE= 12px])[/SIZE]
[*] Top Poster Incentive: The poster with the highest number of posts will be entered into the random.org drawing TWICE to double their chances of winning!!!

Make sure you follow the laws of your state and country. Rules subject to change without notice. You are responsible for what you use so please be aware and knowledgeable of what works and what doesn’t work for you. Open to everyone. Past winners*, Current Staff and past MakeupTalk Staff member ARE eligible to enter this contest, so get movin!
Contest is open to all US and Canadian Residents. If a Canadian wins you will have to pay  $17.50 + $25.00USD international surcharge.

*Members not allowed to win back-to-back contests, so winner's of last week's contest are ineligible.  This may affect the number of members entered into the random.org drawing.

This contest will run from March 13th 7pm through 7pm March 20, 2011.  All times are Pacific Standard Time.  So yes, the contest has already started! What are you waiting for?

wow, a $315 hair dryer?? that must be some fancy blow dryer!    I think the one I own is like...$10-20 from Target or Walmart or something.

ahhhh the contest has started already!! good luck all!

Sounds good, but it sucks you have to follow in Twitter to enter since not everyone uses Twitter. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Count me out this time...

You can enter this without following twitter.  Go ahead and start posting. :)

Originally Posted by kayleigh83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sounds good, but it sucks you have to follow in Twitter to enter since not everyone uses Twitter. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> Count me out this time...

Rules have been updated to make both facebook and twitter following to be non mandatory

Rules Updated!

We wanted to make it easier to win this contest!!

We have removed the Twitter and Facebook requirements for this contest, BUT...

• If you like MakeupTalk AND Misikko on Facebook, you will earn TEN BONUS "POSTS"
  • If you follow MakeupTalk AND Misikko on Twitter, you will earn TEN BONUS "POSTS"
  • You MUST post your Facebook/Twitter profile link in this thread for verification purposes BEFORE the end of the contest to earn bonus "posts"
  • That's TWENTY "POSTS" that can help you get into the top 10!

(Note the winners of last week's contest had well over 100 posts each, so not submitting a bonus entry will NOT eliminate your chances of being in the top 10.  But if you already have a facebook or twitter account, it certainly won't hurt your chances!)

We've also changed the rules from the highest poster, to a random winner from the top 10 posters this week.  We thought it might not be as easy for everyone to be THE highest poster, and we want for more of you to be eligible to win!  Random.org will choose our winner from the top 10 posters.  But what about something for our highest poster??  We don't want to pull all of the excitement out of that! The highest poster will have a SECOND entry thrown into the random.org drawing!  TWICE the chances to win!

P.S. Because members are not allowed to win back-to-back contests, winners of the FacePlace contest are not eligible to win.  However, note that they might still take up a spot in the top ten.  Please keep in mind that we will still ONLY be selecting amongst the TOP TEN eligible posters, so we may have less than 10 people in the random.org drawing.  Don't find yourself in 11th place!  (You can at least beat Tony, right? He doesn't even wear makeup!)

Get to posting everybody!! The 10th highest poster last week only had 45 posts, and with the bonus entries available for this contest, you can get yourself a head start!  GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Wow!! This is a remarkable giveaway. I follow on twitter @pizzalogger

Thanks for all of the beauty info and for introducing me to so many new brands via this website and twitter.

I have a Hana dryer. It is pretty pretty awesome, girls. Good luck to future winner!

This is a great give away. This would so help me out when I do hair for photoshoots :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I have never heard of this blow dryer, must be a good one since its so pricey. I will look up the blow dryer and update everyone :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Here is some info about the dryer:  It has many good reviews too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

HANA Salon presents the powerful HANAair hair dryer. This dryer has been Salon tested and Salon recommended since its inception. Inspired by Italian design, the combination of HANAair's strongest AC motor along with its tourmaline lined ceramic heater will dry your hair up to 60% faster maintaining natural shine while promoting healthy luxurious hair.

Hana Salon Air Hair Dryer Features:
  • Ion Technology- condition hair & reduces static electricity
  • Tourmaline & Titanium Oxide Technology- natural ions promote healthier hair
  • Silver Nanotechnology- for antibacterial Protection
  • Scratch Resistant Shell with black metallico finish adds durability and is easy to clean
  • Long life motor with low noise
  • Gyroscopically balanced for easy handling
  • Fiberglass concentrator
  • Italian Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back