Ladies....Having a male friend do your make-up.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Have you ever had this?

Were you impressed with the result and did you like him doing it.

Who's idea was it?

A few months ago, a friend requested I remove her old polish from her hails and paint them a different colour.  So I did!

She thought I did a good job.

I guess it would depend on how skilled they are.  One of my favorite makeup artists is a guy, and whenever I work with him, it's for a photoshoot, so the look always comes out good.

If a person is qualified or very enthusiastic about doing hair and makeup then it doesn't really matter there gender. My favorite hairstylist in the world (to work on my locks) is male. He is superb in what he does and I leave the salon smiling everytime :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> My fiance has done my nails, he loves giving me pedicures. He also paints his own nails. He has asked of I could teach him how to apply makeup sometime.

My hairstylist and the more well known makeup artists here are actually male.  One of my best friends would blow dry and flat iron my hair every time and he does it really well. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've bullied my boyfriend into doing my makeup, I don't recall the exact reason, but it was something to the effect of getting him to shut up about how difficult it is (or is not according to him). I don't like having my makeup done by either men or women in general. I like doing my own makeup, and I am super critical of how they apply it.

I wouldn't get my boyfriend or any guy friends to do my makeup (and I don't think you could pay them enough to even attempt it) but there are plenty of male makeup artists out there who are totally talented, which is a completely different thing!

I agree, so many talented male MUAs out there. I've was inspired to be a MUA by men. But as none of my male friends are the next Kevyn Aucoin...

I don't think I've ever had someone else do my make-up.... but I wouldn't care who it was as long as they were skilled. And didn't have bad breath :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My boyfriend has started taking more of an interest in my make-up hobby. If he wanted to do my make-up I'd let him :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> probably wouldn't go out in public with it on, though! Hehe. We were watching TV and he asked to paint my toenails once. We had a good giggle, it was a bit harder than he'd realised and he made a bit of a mess.

Guy friends... well some of my guy friends are in theatre, so they know the basics.

The sex doesn't matter to me....if the person has mad skills then I'm handing my face over 
biggrin.gif
  I've always wanted Laura Geller's right hand man Johnnie to do my makeup!  

I had my hubby do my makeup before... It was good... Hes very artistic and perfectionist so it came out good

Back