Ever had 'Makeup block' ?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
You know writers sometimes go through writers block where they know they want to write something, but they just don't know what?  Well, I window shop ALOT, and have things in mind to purchase when I have some free cash floating around (hardly ever lol).  However, sometimes when that time really does come around, I can't figure out what to buy.  I fiddle and fiddle and fiddle, question said product I was going to buy especially if it's pricey.  Go back home, dig up reviews, go to various places, look at different brands etc as if I had NO idea what so ever of what I planned to purchase.  Then, sometimes I say, should I really buy more makeup?  Or should I get a shoe?  Or a handbag?  Does this happen to anyone else?

It does happen to me. I stock up on mascara, always good to have some in backup. For the rest, even if i read reviews and made comparative studies, i still will question my choice. Last time it happened to me i questioned the Guerlain lipgloss i wanted to buy for over a year now. It turns out i was right because it's the same color as a cheaper version, but still sometimes i think i should just shut up and buy it.

Yes I do, but it is always because what I want to buy I need to save more for, then I sometimes end up changing my mind and cant decide what to get. I also get makeup block, were I no longer feel inspired or creative.

I stood in Sephora for 35 minutes yesterday just talking myself out of stuff.  Happens all the time!!!!!

I do the SAME thing and then end up buying something entirely different.  And then later I'll see what it was I originally wanted to purchase and think, "Why didn't I get that?"  LOL  Sometimes I wonder if men have the right idea about us and our indecisiveness.

Jeannine

Originally Posted by llehsal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You know writers sometimes go through writers block where they know they want to write something, but they just don't know what?  Well, I window shop ALOT, and have things in mind to purchase when I have some free cash floating around (hardly ever lol).  However, sometimes when that time really does come around, I can't figure out what to buy.  I fiddle and fiddle and fiddle, question said product I was going to buy especially if it's pricey.  Go back home, dig up reviews, go to various places, look at different brands etc as if I had NO idea what so ever of what I planned to purchase.  Then, sometimes I say, should I really buy more makeup?  Or should I get a shoe?  Or a handbag?  Does this happen to anyone else?

If I shopped high end, I think it would happen all the time. I do this when shopping for clothes. I still regret not buying a top I saw over 20 years ago! lol I would have looked so hot in that top...

but anyway, as far as makeup goes, I shop drugstore, so I'm more likely to buy something on the spur of the moment because of the great price and then regret it later mostly because it wasn't something I needed. How many lip products does a woman need anyway??? lol

Originally Posted by DonnaJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If I shopped high end, I think it would happen all the time. I do this when shopping for clothes. I still regret not buying a top I saw over 20 years ago! lol I would have looked so hot in that top...

but anyway, as far as makeup goes, I shop drugstore, so I'm more likely to buy something on the spur of the moment because of the great price and then regret it later mostly because it wasn't something I needed. How many lip products does a woman need anyway??? lol
hahaha that's true. I used to buy mostly drugstore and I'd regret buying some of the stuff. Since I've been shopping more high-end I've tried to be more careful about what I buy, just because, if I'm going to spend a ton of money on stuff I want to make sure I like it.

The one thing I have to say about high end vs. drugstore is I end up having a lot less regrets because normally if there's something I want and I just want to try it out to see if it's all it's hyped to be, I can just go to sephora and ask them to make me a sample. I try it out, come back and buy it. No regrets :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I walked around Murale yesterday to put stuff on hold for a 20x the points event. Unfortunately, there was absolutely no make up I really wanted (no match in Vitalumiere Aqua, no interest in any of the Chanel Spring stuff I'd skipped, and of course, Calanque & Nouveau Monde were really blah when swatched... :/) So I ended up stocking up on cleanser and skincare. There's still stuff I want, but nothing I can really super justify, at least in mid-end and higher-end brands. I'm so boring. All I really want to collect at the moment is Revlon Colorburst lip products, and find HC Glamoflauge concealer.

definitely.  i remember when i could purchase a lot more at a time, so obviously now i'm picky.  i usually go for things that will keep me occupied the longest or i'd use the most.

Latest posts

Back