Do you impulse buy?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Not on expensive things, no.  If I buy something that I had no plans on getting, it's usually cheap stuff like a cheap nail polish, cheap flip flops, a cheap top etc.  Hardly ever, do I spend alot of money on something I did not plan on buying.  I will admit that I am tempted many times to purchase, but somehow I just never do.

I'll go into a store just to get some chapstick and I'll leave with a new bronzer, blush, eyeshadow and nail polish...lol

I have some self control when it comes to buying, maybe an impulsive gum but that's about it.

^^^^ LoL. For me not really, most of my buys are thought of ahead of time. I usually wait until an item is on sale as well.

Story of my life. I try not to do it with big ticket items, but sometimes...life happens.

I do, but mostly with small stuff, like makeup and impulsive iTunes downloads.  Bigger stuff like clothes, etc, I think about more carefully before I spend.

I prefer to call it impulse investing...>_>
Hehe, I like that. If only everything I bought was more of an investment rather then unnessecary.

I impulse buy often... not a lot of money spent though... but it can add up fast. Yesterday for example I had to go buy food for St. Patricks Day. After I paid, I went back in the store to talk to a friend. While standing there, I noticed the market had a large display of OPI nail colours hidden in the health n beauty section. OMG I swear my face started to twitch as I looked through the colors. If I hadn't already paid for my items, I know I would have thrown two in my cart. But now? I'm already thinking about my next visit to the store for bread n milk and what shade of nailpolish I'll get while I'm there!

Originally Posted by reesesilverstar /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I no longer call it impulse buying, but when I'm pissed off I'm an extremely willing consumer.
Haha!  Yessss!!  OMG!!  My boss got me sooo angry the other day I had to take a walk into town.  I returned with three nail polishes and a blush an hour later...sigh.

I spent about $20 today that I hadn't intended to spend...a little impulse buying happened! lol I had to go to the pharmacy for one of my prescriptions and they had some leftovers from the beauty clearance. I got 3 lipsticks and a blush. The lipsticks were only $2.25 each but the blush was ringing up $14 and I convinced them to mark it down 75% so I paid $3.50 for it. WooHoo! Then I went to the Dollar Tree for cheese popcorn, one of my sons lives on that stuff. They had a whole section of ELF, so I got 6 brushes, a liquid liner, and an Almay mascara.

Originally Posted by llehsal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Haha!  Yessss!!  OMG!!  My boss got me sooo angry the other day I had to take a walk into town.  I returned with three nail polishes and a blush an hour later...sigh.

Yup, that'll do it for me too. That's how I ended up with most of my MAC purchases... Going to the mall after work cuz some idiot got to me...

Originally Posted by DonnaJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I spent about $20 today that I hadn't intended to spend...a little impulse buying happened! lol I had to go to the pharmacy for one of my prescriptions and they had some leftovers from the beauty clearance. I got 3 lipsticks and a blush. The lipsticks were only $2.25 each but the blush was ringing up $14 and I convinced them to mark it down 75% so I paid $3.50 for it. WooHoo! Then I went to the Dollar Tree for cheese popcorn, one of my sons lives on that stuff. They had a whole section of ELF, so I got 6 brushes, a liquid liner, and an Almay mascara.

That sounds like my visits to HEB... I cannot pass by the yellow stickers and leave the stuff alone!

all the time! especially on makeup.

but sometimes, when you work hard for that dollar and you buy what you really want, theres no better feeling =)

sometimes I do *_* and then my boyfriend always laughes at me T_T

But I know as a FACT that he does it much more often than me! HA! He usually buys food though. "look hun, the yoghurt was 10% off!" he recently told me. I didn't think about it until I opened the refrigirator... >_> HE BOUGHT TWO FUCKING PALETTES and tried to give it away, but none of his friends wanted any =D We had to throw half of it away ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh my god my boyfriend does that. Instead of buying 1 bottle of coke, he wants to buy ten because they are $10 for ten. x_x Where do we put ten bottles of 2 liter cokes? Not in the shopping cart.

You can freeze yogurt before it goes bad.

Originally Posted by SweetCat92 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

sometimes I do *_* and then my boyfriend always laughes at me T_T

But I know as a FACT that he does it much more often than me! HA! He usually buys food though. "look hun, the yoghurt was 10% off!" he recently told me. I didn't think about it until I opened the refrigirator... >_> HE BOUGHT TWO FUCKING PALETTES and tried to give it away, but none of his friends wanted any =D We had to throw half of it away ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back