Nail polish base suggestion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi ladies!

I will need to buy a new nail polish base in a while and I would like to hear your recomandation.

I have pretty strong and healthy nails and I currently use OPI nail envy, it works pretty well but I am not "wowed" by it.

I saw that seche vite also makes some nail polish base and a co-worker told me about a good base from Nubar, anything else out there worth looking into? As I said I do not need a treatment for nails but I would like something that prolongs nail polish duration and does not dry out my nails.

I really like the Sally Hansen Double Duty Strengthening Base & Top Coat.  

• All-in-one patented strengthening base and top coat works double time...for double protection.
  • As a base coat, Double Duty moisturizes and hydrates nails with Panthenol.
  • As a top coat, Double Duty protects with Nylon.
  • Nails are shielded with a hard, shiny, chip-resistant finish.
  • Salon Tested - Dermatologist Tested.
Special Ingredients:
Panthenol and Nylon protect for perfect manicures and stronger, 
more beautiful nails.

CND Stickey!

It doesn't really protect against staining though, so I would suggest using something under it to help with that :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I use OPI's natural nail base coat, which is okay. If you have ridges, Mavala's nail ridger is a very good base that protects your nails and can be worn alone. But i can't say i've found a base coat that totally wows me.

I love an ORLY base called BONDER. I have a problem of my nail chipping off very fast. Bonder helps the nail polish stay on much longer. You could get bonder at Sallys Beauty Supply or at ULTA :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Thank you Olivia! This base sounds very interesting, I have never tried any Orly product but this is defintely worth checking out!

Back