Foundation: What is your favorite?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Liquid - Dior's Diorskin Forever Extreme Wear Flawless Makeup Foundation or MAC's Select SPF Foundation

Powder - Laura Mercier Foundation Powder

Cream - Dior's Diorskin Nude Natural Glow Creme Gel Makeup Foundation

What is/are your favorite foundation/foundations?

Clarins Colour Tint (oil free to good for hot and humid conditions, and light so it doesn't sit on the little lines around my eyes)

I have tried some Clarins products (mainly sunscreens) and was ultimately impressed. A lot of their products seem non comedogenic.

My favorites are Laura Mercier (tinted moisturizer and oil-free liquid) and Revlon's Colorstay, but unfortunately I can't wear the latter due to the lightest shade being too dark for me >_<

Bare Escentuals original formula, all the way.  Everytime I try something new, I keep coming back to BE.

I really like the cover girl products. I can't afford the more expensive brands and for me its really about the application. I am sure that many of the more costly brands last longer and even apply better but I just can't spend that much on make up. Thanks

I love Laura Mercier's Silk Creme Foubdation. It goes on smoothly and isn't drying. It's pretty amazing stuff!

I am just sticking close to my mineral foundations.  I just like how it adheres to my sweaty face and stays put.

I'm dating myself here, but the foundation that's worked the best for me and one that I've used for longer than I'm willing to tell is Max Factor Pan Cake. I've always had problems with oily skin, and the Max Factor works pretty well for me, for a few hours anyway. I also like that I can control coverage pretty easily with it by just using a wetter or drier sponge. It's big failing is that if I sweat, it's a mess, puddles up badly.

Now that it's been discontinued, I'll be needing to look for something else, but it's still available from a few places, so I'm okay for a while yet. I'd like to try a MAC foundation, I should check them out.

Agreed, Bare Escentuals is by far the best :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by LisaF1163 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Bare Escentuals original formula, all the way.  Everytime I try something new, I keep coming back to BE.

I really like Bare Escentuals original formula in spring/summer but in winter I tend to get dry skin around my lips and the mineral foundation makes it worse. I tried some samples of liquid foundation and recently I bought the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer and it works great; I have a mixture of pink and yellow undertones and the shade "bisque" fits me very well.

Originally Posted by AmourAnnette /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My favorites are Laura Mercier (tinted moisturizer and oil-free liquid) and Revlon's Colorstay, but unfortunately I can't wear the latter due to the lightest shade being too dark for me >_<
Have you tried Shiseido? They have an array of shades that are incredibly light. They make a real good hydrating foundation.

I like Bare Escentuals too!  However, I'm a girl on the go so I found that Laura Geller's Balance N Brighten does everything that BE does only in less steps.  One swoosh over the face and I'm totally covered and flawless!  Now my BE is just sitting at the bottom of my drawer. 

I have really been loving the Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse & the Stila Sheer Color Tinted Moisturizer :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I do peoples makeup for stage a lot thought & I love the LA colors mystic foundation stick.

I love Maybelline's dream matte mousse foundation, it keeps my oily skin  under control. Of course I do set it with their powder too. Lately though, I've been thinking about trying Revlon Colorstay, I've heard a ton of good things about it.

I like different foundations for different purposes. For light coverage I like covergirl clean, for medium coverage I like Maybelline dream mousse liquid and for full coverage I like Rimmel 25 hour foundation.

Back