Lipsticks under $5

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Some of my favorite lipsticks under $5 include...

-NYX Round lipstick

-Arissa lipstick

-L.A. Girl Precious Jewel lipstick

-Amuse Pink and Gold lipstick

Despite the rather fraught economy, the beauty market is huge. Although I am one that loves high-end beauty products, I find myself discovering an array of affordable products that are fantastic.

What are some of your favorite lipsticks under $5?

Discuss.

I really enjoy,

the NYX round lipsticks in the shades Strawberry Milk, Georgia, and Rose Bud &

the Rimmel Moisture Renew lipsticks in Coral Shimmer, and Dusty Rose!

HC Painted Lady in Fire Alarm ($5.96, but close enough!) Rimmel Moisture Renewal in Nude Delight. Rimmel Lasting Finish in Pink Blush.

Wet N Wild, NYX and L'Oreal for me 
biggrin.gif

Rimmel & Wet'n'Wild are my favorite under $5.  From wet'n'wild the matte lipsticks are amazing for the price.

I recently discovered Sinful Colors lipstick at Cherry Culture. I am ultimately impressed with the variety of lipstick shades Sinful Colors has.

I agree with the NYX and I also enjoy NYC that you can get at any drugstore or Walmart/Target type stores.  I also enjoy L'oreal and Revlon.  Hubby just bought me a backup lipstick that is a dupe for MAC's Angel.  It is Revlon Matte 002 Pink Pout.  I love it! I have 2 Angel's and 2 Revlong Pink Pout's.  Over kill? maybe...but I love them and love to have backups!  I'm more apt to wear my lipsticks if I have backups or when they are new.  I don't like getting low on lipsticks. lol  Sounds crazy, I know!  I have 2 backups for the L'oreal Juicy Tube lip gloss in Bubble Gum, it's a dupe for MAC's Underage.

I have Rimmel in Airy Fairy...best purchase I have made in a while. If I use coupons then I can get some good Revlon ones as well :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I really want to get the dupe for MAC's Angel too!

Here my favorite.... first to last 

1:L.A. Girl Precious Jewel lipstick

2:NYX Round lipstick

3:Amuse Pink and Gold lipstick

4:Arissa lipstick

Today, I bought NYC Ultra Stay in Flirty. I had a coupon for $1 off so the lipstick ended up being 89 cents! I've had the lipstick on for a couple hours now and so far so good! Nice and bright pink!

I am always willing to try the "less expensive" lipsticks, and I have even seen some fabulous shade in various brands.

My biggest fear is that they will have a flat out NASTY taste to them, so bad that I won't use them again after I buy them.

Has anyone found a brand under $5 that they don't think smells or tastes yucky???

I also really like NYC lipsticks. I forgot to mention that in my earlier post.  I've bought 5 or so different colors and I couldn't be happier with them and i think the most expensive one was around $2.65. Not too shabby! LOL Pink Chiffon is a great color. I think I have one in somthing Orchid, too.  Sorry, I can't recall the names off the top of my head. But I found them at Walmart and Target.  Easy to find, and cheap to buy, but not cheap pay off.

Originally Posted by SassyAuburn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am always willing to try the "less expensive" lipsticks, and I have even seen some fabulous shade in various brands.

My biggest fear is that they will have a flat out NASTY taste to them, so bad that I won't use them again after I buy them.

Has anyone found a brand under $5 that they don't think smells or tastes yucky???
The Revlon lipstick I use (Colorburst in Raspberry...AWESOME color) tastes very neutral to me, even when I licked my lips to purposely see what kind of taste it had. I really like it. It retails for $6 and is great at moisturizing lips. However, the wear is average & it's kind of sheer if you only run it over your lips once, but I don't mind because I love the color and how easily buildable it is. So I guess if you are trying to spend less than $5, wait for a Revlon BOGO.

I'm really curious to read all the responses to this thread. I shy away from lipsticks from NYC because I feel like they'll be terrible because of the price. But people here are giving them good reviews, so I might try them out!

I totally love the NYX lipsticks, I get them for 1.69 and I think they have a lot of really good colors, and some of them are very similiar MAC.  I was telling my business partner how I think NYX is like the poor mans MAC, because they have a lot of really good stuff honestly.  I have like 50 of their pigments, although I hate how they are PEARL but they are good for different occasions.  Prom is coming up so they will be good for some girls, plus the glitter pigments as well. 

I just went to SALLYS today and had a little bit of a haul I will say, there was like all this stuff for 99 cents and I ended up buying 33 dollars worth of stuff, LOL. 

Then the other day I spent about 40 dollars in NYX lipstick.

Wow, that's awesome. NYX is a great brand. I find the pigments to be of great quality for as cheap as they are. The newer pigments are fantastic for as affordable as they are. The $6 pigments.

Latest posts

Back