FOTD March 23, 2011

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Good Morning!  Hope everyone is having a great week so far.

For todays Look I used:

Eyes:

LA Colors Baked eyeshadow in Nightlife (on Cherry Culture and on LA Colors website it is now called Black Hole)

Maybelline Lash Stilletto Mascara - Black

Elf eyelid Primer

Elf treat and tame for eyebrows

Cheeks:

Elf Bronzed to contour cheeks, nose and jawline

Elf Blushed on cheeks

Elf Gotta Glow as highlight on cheeks,nose, forehead

Lips:

Jordanna Lip Liner - Baby Berry

Wet N Wild Long Wear Lipstick - 905D

Absolute Lip Gloss - 03

Have a wonderful day!

Peace and Love,

Jeannine

Jeannie that look is awesome.  You are such an inspiration, your smile and the livelyness makes my day.

Thank you emmy!!  You just made my day brighter.

Originally Posted by emmy2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Jeannie that look is awesome.  You are such an inspiration, your smile and the livelyness makes my day.

Beautiful look Jean!!!!!  I have to tell you........I love the way you have a perfectly defined line between your colors and yet its blended perfectly.  I always wind up blening the colors together.  How do you do it???

Honestly kiki, I'm not sure.  I just place the colors where I want them and do a little blending.  I think the brushes have alot to do with it.  I don't use really expensive brushes, right now I'm using my eco tools on my eyes.  I know some girls have a lot of success using crease brushes to place colors in the crease, but I have to use a much smaller brush and then blend it out. If I start with a larger brush I end up with a huge mess of color in the middle of my lid.  I think it's just playing with different techniques and brushes until you figure out what works for you.  Do you think it would help others if I listed the brush I use with each color on my FOTD's?

Originally Posted by kikikinzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Beautiful look Jean!!!!!  I have to tell you........I love the way you have a perfectly defined line between your colors and yet its blended perfectly.  I always wind up blening the colors together.  How do you do it???

Yes!  Please do so.  I think that would help ALOT.  I keep wondering what I'm doing wrong that the colors keep mixing.  I've tried blending very little and yet still wind up with no color definition. 

Love this!  I always see these quads around and pass them straight....I should pick on up sometime...how is the wear?

My story of the day:

I woke up to this today:  Only in NJ can it be 54 degrees and sunny on Tuesday and have 4 inches of snow on Wednesday

So, because of the snow I ditched my heels, skirt, and office accessories for a look that says: Snow Day.

Regardless of the snow, I was determined to do my make up:

Eyes:

Eyeshadow from Romantic Eye Palette by Too Faced

Bouquet Toss - Brow bone

Honeymoon - low lids

Ever After - crease

Eye Liner:

Maybelline Water Proof Liquid Eyeliner - Brown

Mascara:

Rimell Eye Magnifier Waterproof Mascara - Black

Cheeks:

Avon Smooth Minerals - Golden Glow

Lips:

Mary Kay - Toffee

Beauti Control Lip Gloss - Chocolate Chill

Face:

Bare Minerals - Primer (actually used it! yay)

Bare Minerals Foundation - Golden Medium

Bare Minerals Mineral Veil

I still need more practice with my eye make up.  I want to try a more dramatic definition.

Then, I hated my hair and went during lunch and got a new do.  This however caused havoc on my make up with all the water spritzing and such... but still, my hair feels flawless!

The End. :)

Thanks girls!  I find it wears as well as any other shadows I use.  I do prime the lids first and spritz a setting spray on my face after I've finished makeup application.  All that probably helps.

Wearing: 

Eyes:  Wet N Wild I Dream of Greenie (love this little cheap palette. the pigmentation is amazing!) bottom shade & Maybelline The Falsies Waterproof 

Lips: Mark Lip Click in Sweetie Pie (this wears better than my MAC lippies!)

So my FOTD I did a "two face" look. My left side I used The New Pretty that I bought at Belk and the right side using Sephora's Endless Blockbuster. I did a comparison video a day or two ago and was asked so how do the products actually compare. They actually were pretty equal to each other, some of TLP was creamy and went on nicely and was well pigmented, some was not and it was the same with the Sephora EB.

My top lip was from the New Pretty, bottom lip was from the Sephora's Endless Blockbuster.

I do remember why I don't wear blush, it makes my cheeks itch! I used a gold for the crease and lid, a white for under the brow. A light tan/cream for the inner eye. A orange color for above the crease. While some of the colors in the New Pretty do look similar to Sephora's it was actually hard to really match stuff up.

Primer: Sheer Envy by Hard Candy

Foundation: None, used Hard Candy's Glamoflauge instead.

Power: I think it's NYC loose powder.

Eyeliner: NYC in Black (got on clearance at Target for under $1)

Mascara: Rimmel but couldn't tell you which off hand. It's black with purple writing.

Left side of my face (pic right): The New Pretty

Right side of my face (pic left): Sephora's Endless Blockbuster

I did like Sephora's blush more than The New Pretty (a golden color) because it was really pigmented. I was shocked since it seemed to be more of a bronze than a blush. I liked the orange from Sephora more than the New Pretty but I like the gold from TNP over SEB. The tan/cream I used on the inner eye I preferred that of TNP over SEB. The white I preferred from SEB. Gloss it was a tie but TNP was a little more warm than the SEB red - they looked similar in the case but there was a subtle difference.

I love the green Tis........very pretty.

Zadidoll ~ I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the two collections.  I remember your thread where you said the Sephora was $48 and the TNP was $4.99.  AMAZING!!!!!! Either way, they both look so pretty on you.  I love the way you lined your eyes!!!!!!!!

Dream ~ You have the most beautiful FULL lips!  I would kill for lips like that.  Your snow day really agrees with you (and your hair, very nice).  Dare I say it's sunny and 80 here? 
sunshine.gif

I love the green Tis........very pretty.

Zadidoll ~ I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the two collections.  I remember your thread where you said the Sephora was $48 and the TNP was $4.99.  AMAZING!!!!!! Either way, they both look so pretty on you.  I love the way you lined your eyes!!!!!!!!
Thank you. There's not much difference in the colors I picked, some were a little more pigmented and some (like the gold) were darker. To me the gold from The New Pretty was more on the brass side then gold and the gold from the Sephora's Endless Blockbuster was more glittery with less of a gold base to it. It took less gold from TNP to use then it did from SEB but it took more of the orange then it with SEB. I like TNP and would buy it as a gift for a friend, daughter or other makeup lover. I didn't notice any substantial fallout from it (like if it was an ELF). I did use it dry with a dry brush so using a slightly damn brush would make the colors pop more. I didn't prime my eyes (I do have Urban Decay primers but didn't remember to use it). Overall, I'd say the two, based on this one use today, are pretty equal. I'd probably reach for TNP for the blushes if I wore blush more often (makes my cheeks itch).

Wow Zadi, you can't tell the difference at all.  And, it's all very lovely on you.

Dream, I'm sorry to say, it's so warm here we have the AC running.  Very pretty look today.  I like the 'do.

Tis, greens seriously agree with you!  It took me a long time to find greens I could wear that didn't make me look like I was nauseous. hehehehe

Dream ~ You have the most beautiful FULL lips!  I would kill for lips like that.  Your snow day really agrees with you (and your hair, very nice).  Dare I say it's sunny and 80 here? 
sunshine.gif
LOL! Thanks!  And WOW, Im jealous!!  We're due for more snow tonight.
icon_rolleyes.gif
 Another 2-4 inches, then again in the 50's by the weekend.

Back