• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Don't you hate it when a company changes a collection? Looking for these eyeshadows....

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of Covergirl foundation but I do have a few eyeshadow palettes left. One of the palettes I've had for years and is in the dark/navy blue case. No idea what the palette is actually called, well before googling it that is, but the colors are deep ocean, blue Caribbean, misty seas and Arctic glow. I figured since I've had this quad that it would be discontinued and it sort of is. It's no longer carried in the normal line of eyeshadow quad and is now part of the Queen Collection and is called "CoverGirl Queen Collection Eyeshadow Quad, Blue Notes Q270".

This is what the new quad colors look like:

Going by that picture alone those colors do not look remotely like the quad I have. My eyeshadow palette looks more like this:

This collection is called Cover Girl Eye Shadow Four Kit Crystal Water but I can't find the names of the individual shadows in that palette. You can see the color on Ulta and see the colors are different. I know that my local Targets discontinued selling the Queen collection and clearanced everything out about a month ago so I'll be hard pressed to find the QC palette to compare to my own.

The palette name #270 Crystal Water fits the name of the individual colors but Blue Note doesn't fit so I'm a bit disappointed that Covergirl didn't keep the name when moving the colors to the Queen Collection.

Did some more googling and found that my local Walmart may still have it in their stock. No idea. Has anyone seen this palette around lately?

The other palette I'm hunting for, haven't done a google on it yet is also from Covergirl and has night sky, sterling blue, cloudburst and lightning. A quick check turned up the name #255 Stormy Lites. I did find someone selling it on Ebay but didn't have a picture for that palette. It's another quad palette and is also in the navy/dark blue case. I think that one was discontinued and unfortunately that is one I did use enough of that my palette was basically empty.

Last one I'm looking for is from Revlon and it's 02 Coffee Bean. I already looked at my Target for it... oh never mind found it Target.com. LOL I've spent months looking for that quad and my two local Targets haven't had it. I was so sad thinking it was discontinued but lo and behold it's on their website.

Well that's it folks. Wish Covergirl would stop moving and changing their eyeshadows since those colors were ones they had for years and wish that my local Target would bring back Coffee Bean to the shelves. I hate having to order online but I'll take advantage of having to order ELF's Spring/Summer collections from them to order Coffee Bean. Any rate, anyone find the Covergirl palette with ight sky, sterling blue, cloudburst and lightning I'd appreciate it if you left me know here or via PM. Thanks!

Wow Kiki, I've been on this site since last evening.  Very interested in their brands "I Beauty" (aka Image Beauty) and "RH Cosmetics."  First one has a few images, about 1/4 of the time, with no descriptions.  But what's really funny is when u go to look up the colors elsewhere, whoa, about 20 companies have same lip products @ 20x the price.  Ha ha, just goes to show you.  

As for RH, I am mad for purple lip products -- and 7 of their 8 lipsticks ($1.79 each!) have words 'grape' or 'purple' in their names!  Their available lipliners are called "purple," "misty purple," and "blue violet!"  Also $1.79!  Can find no webpage or images for this company!  Should I go for it?

The_Vegan_Lady on eBay is selling those eyeshadows as stand-alone shadows from that particular quad, I do believe. I think one of those eyeshadows is in fact 600 Sterling Blue and I also think the other may be 565 Blue Smoke, but not sure. I have purchased from her before (not this particular item) and never had any issues or tribulations.

Latest posts

Back