What do you use to keep your house smelling good

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What do you all use to keep your house smelling nice all day everday? I buy scented candles from Yankee Candle, and Febreeze air sprays but the smell doesn't seem to last all day.  How many candles do I need per room, could that be an issue?

Well we don't use candles for safety issues, but I like febreeze and the febreeze airspray that hangs on the wall and is set to go off (spray) every 10, 15 & 20 mins. It lasts the longest and you don't need to buy a refill for 30 days.

I use the same three candles in specific areas of the house.  Entrance, Kitchen and Livingroom.  My favorite brand is the company that used to be Home Interiors, they've changed their name since then... but are still in business.  I just cant remember what it is right now.  Its 10PM here and I'm ready for bed! LOL!

Incense, oil burners, room sprays and those oil bottles with the sticks.  Thanks to my mom and granny, I'm obsessed with scents.

We don't use anything. If the house needs to be refreshed I just open the windows. 

I second fresh air and opening windows. I also light a candle while I do my makeup for the day and that usually helps. Another thing I do is Febreze (or fabric freshner) down all textile surfaces from time to time (sofas, curtains, made bed, etc).

Opening windows helps a lot by renewing the air. Febreeze is nice, you can also use an oil burner or an aromatherapy thing that diffuses essential oils (you can try lavender, orange or lemon, a few drops are enough).

I just got these Frebreeze Do-hickys (I don't remember what they're called), but they don't need to be plugged in or need batteries.  You just slip the cartridge in and it releases fragrance.  One is good for a small room like a bathroom.  I think it would take two or three for a large room.  Right now I'm loving the Thai-Dragonfruit one.  It smells so darn good!

Is there anything out there that isn't really strong?  My boyfriend is really sensitive to strong smells (they give him headaches) but I would like to keep our place smelling nice.  Between the garbage and the diaper pail sometimes it's just not pleasant. 

Fresh air keeps my home smelling lovely. 

Also I use Air Wick scented oil and Air Wick freshmatic ultra.

At night I will burn a candle but only in my bedroom.

Sometimes to much fragrance gives me a headache lol.

Lots of fresh air. I have the windows open for one hour every morning. And I also use candles.

Laundry smells are my favorite.  I love how the house smells when the dryer is running.  I like the cranberry frebreeze that comes out for the holidays a lot too. I'm a big fan of incense too but it can be a bit overpowering at times.

Latest posts

Back