Revlon Acquires Sinful Colors

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
WWD announced today that Revlon acquired Mirage Cosmetics, owner of the Sinful Colors brand. It's rumored the buy was due to the fact Sinful Colors polishes outsell Revlon's Nail Lacquers and Sinful Colors raked in $30 million in revenues last year! Wow!

Sinful Colors is my favorite polish brand. I love the color selection, quality and affordability ($1.99/each). I'm a little nervous about this buyout - I'm afraid the prices may be raised. I hope not!

Take the poll above on how you're feeling about Revlon's new acquisition! 
smile.gif

I wouldn't worry about a price hike, if sinful polishes really sell like that much as stated, then Revlon would be making a disastrous move, sinful represents good quality polish at a rate anyone can afford.

Hopefully the formulation becomes better under Revlon's line. Right now Sinful Colors are a hit and miss.

I agree! I have quite a few polishes and some are spectacular, while some could be better. I still love them, but a more steady formula would be nice.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hopefully the formulation becomes better under Revlon's line. Right now Sinful Colors are a hit and miss.

Revlon is my favorite nail polish, so I'm excited.  I have a few Sinful Colors and have not cared for how runny they are. I love the array of colors that is offered though! I hope the formula improves and the price stays the same!

Back